+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Refugee program 2024 for a divorced mother refugee

fatema salem

Jul 4, 2024
Hi folks, wish everyone is doing fine

I applied to Government Assisted Refugees Program on 20th of June. I am a Syrian refugee woman with one child, no spouse and I am living in Turkey. I took some time filling the form, so a message appears that this could affect the process, so I sped up right away. I finalized the form, and then I received an email that the application has been submitted successfully, but I feel stress and worried, thinking that the long time may get my application lost, also , I have not received AoR yet. I am really stressed, as the security situation in Turkey is not good.

Please tell me if taking long time may really affect my application and when I may receive the AoR

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi folks, wish everyone is doing fine

I applied to Government Assisted Refugees Program on 20th of June. I am a Syrian refugee woman with one child, no spouse and I am living in Turkey. I took some time filling the form, so a message appears that this could affect the process, so I sped up right away. I finalized the form, and then I received an email that the application has been submitted successfully, but I feel stress and worried, thinking that the long time may get my application lost, also , I have not received AoR yet. I am really stressed, as the security situation in Turkey is not good.

Please tell me if taking long time may really affect my application and when I may receive the AoR
Have you been identified by UNHCR as a candidate for refugee resettlement in Canada? In general this can be a lengthy process.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Thank you so much for your reply, I applied through the updated refugee program
What updated refugee program? You need to be referred by typically UNHCR but also can be other resettlement agency. How did you come to apply for government sponsored refugee program? Would add that applying doesn’t mean you get approved even after resettlement agency selects families they feel meet Canada’s targeted population for government sponsored refugee program.

Saznuck8

Star Member
Jun 22, 2024
What updated refugee program? You need to be referred by typically UNHCR but also can be other resettlement agency. How did you come to apply for government sponsored refugee program? Would add that applying doesn’t mean you get approved even after resettlement agency selects families they feel meet Canada’s targeted population for government sponsored refugee program.
of July 2024 ODSP has been increased up to 4.5% due to recent inflation
Thanks CANADA as failed refugee and out of status we are still getting all benefits from our government Thanks Justin
Go to fire PC