+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Refugee file marriage case

Redtulip

Jul 19, 2024
Hello everyone,

I applied for refugee file in Oct 2021 and got my claim approved in March 2023. I submitted my file for PR in June 2023 and still then the status shows submitted on the portal. I gave my biometrics in Nov 2023 and still then there is no update.

The reason for refugee claim was protection because of my sexual orientation (lesbian). I am now going to marry a man who is here on a visitor visa. I wish to add his name on my PR file. However, I want to know if I can marry my fiancé considering I got my claim accepted because I identified as a lesbian.

Can I marry my fiancé considering this situation and put his name on PR file?

@scylla

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hello everyone,

I applied for refugee file in Oct 2021 and got my claim approved in March 2023. I submitted my file for PR in June 2023 and still then the status shows submitted on the portal. I gave my biometrics in Nov 2023 and still then there is no update.

The reason for refugee claim was protection because of my sexual orientation (lesbian). I am now going to marry a man who is here on a visitor visa. I wish to add his name on my PR file. However, I want to know if I can marry my fiancé considering I got my claim accepted because I identified as a lesbian.

Can I marry my fiancé considering this situation and put his name on PR file?

@scylla
I would absolutely not add him to your application. This makes it appear your claim was fraudulent.

Reactions: Buletruck

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Is it possible to marry my fiancé after I receive my PR or no?
Sure, you can do that. However I don't think you should sponsor him for PR. Again, makes your claim look fraudulent.

Black Falcon

Sep 15, 2024
Seeing replies here indicates how much some members have no idea about some certain topics. Guys if you have ZERO knowledge about something don’t even bother giving any advice. I would encourage all of you to go and search for the Supreme Court decision in such cases. It was absolutely the opposite of what you guys are saying. Being gay/lesbian refugee (accepted) doesn’t actually mean you can’t marry the opposite sex and have a family with them.
I would encourage the post owner to go see a professional lawyer instead.

they can still be lesbian/gay and at the same time have a relationship with the opposite sex that’s totally fine.

problem is when you totally say im no longer a lesbian

Copingwithlife

VIP Member
Jul 29, 2018
Earth
Seeing replies here indicates how much some members have no idea about some certain topics. Guys if you have ZERO knowledge about something don’t even bother giving any advice. I would encourage all of you to go and search for the Supreme Court decision in such cases. It was absolutely the opposite of what you guys are saying. Being gay/lesbian refugee (accepted) doesn’t actually mean you can’t marry the opposite sex and have a family with them.
I would encourage the post owner to go see a professional lawyer instead.

they can still be lesbian/gay and at the same time have a relationship with the opposite sex that’s totally fine.

problem is when you totally say im no longer a lesbian
Before you starting lecturing people read her posting

They said they were a lesbian NOT bisexual. They based there claim on being a LESBIAN not a bisexual

But it’s rather convenient they switch teams as soon as they get PR

Like pretty convenient they ditch the Birkenstock’s & herbal tea just like that

And it’s your FIRST posting . Get some posting history under your belt before you start lecturing people

Last edited:

Black Falcon

Sep 15, 2024

They said they were a lesbian NOT bisexual. They based there claim on being a LESBIAN not a bisexual

And it’s your FIRST posting . Get some posting history under your belt before you start lecturing people
And im sure about what im saying too. Yes its my first post what’s the issue with unless this site is some law school otherwise your argument doesn’t make any sense lmao.
Let me tell you that again. To go and read the supreme court decision in regards to this matter.
post owner please see a professional lawyer, these here are just individuals no matter what certification they claim to have it’s all virtual and not approved.

Black Falcon

Sep 15, 2024

Like pretty convenient they ditch the Birkenstock’s & herbal tea just like that

This is for you “many posts man”

https://www.thecourt.ca/mixed-sexual-orientations-are-no-obstacle-to-forming-a-conjugal-relationship-ap-v-canada/

rcincanada2019

Champion Member
Jan 14, 2023
Ontario
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
App. Filed.......
03-07-2022
Nomination.....
30-03-2022
AOR Received.
03-11-2022
And im sure about what im saying too. Yes its my first post what’s the issue with unless this site is some law school otherwise your argument doesn’t make any sense lmao.
Let me tell you that again. To go and read the supreme court decision in regards to this matter.
post owner please see a professional lawyer, these here are just individuals no matter what certification they claim to have it’s all virtual and not approved.
You do understand that this is just a public forum and not a legal channel... Members here never claimed to be lawyers or consultants. Surely, comprehension goes a long way!

Black Falcon

Sep 15, 2024
You do understand that this is just a public forum and not a legal channel... Members here never claimed to be lawyers or consultants. Surely, comprehension goes a long way!
Well, the way you engaged my reply was kinda like it but anyway i just gave a golden advice to the post owner of which to go see a professional lawyer and for those who giving advices based on no knowledge can just slow down and give a back up evidence. Law is very specific. Being gay is far different from marrying a woman. You can still be gay and marry a woman there’s a huge difference between both cases.

rcincanada2019

Champion Member
Jan 14, 2023
Ontario
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
App. Filed.......
03-07-2022
Nomination.....
30-03-2022
AOR Received.
03-11-2022
Well, the way you engaged my reply was kinda like it but anyway i just gave a golden advice to the post owner of which to go see a professional lawyer and for those who giving advices based on no knowledge can just slow down and give a back up evidence. Law is very specific. Being gay is far different from marrying a woman. You can still be gay and marry a woman there’s a huge difference between both cases.
Again, this is a public forum and not a legal forum. While the owner of this forum is an immigration lawyer, the forum itself is composed of non-lawyer members. Suggest you familiarize yourself first with what public forums are before you attack members of a public forum.

As for gender identities, all i can say is "the emperor has no clothes!"

Black Falcon

Sep 15, 2024
Again, this is a public forum and not a legal forum. While the owner of this forum is an immigration lawyer, the forum itself is composed of non-lawyer members. Suggest you familiarize yourself first with what public forums are before you attack members of a public forum.

As for gender identities, all i can say is "the emperor has no clothes!"
What are you even talking about lol?
Where did i attack members? Point that out, only when i said what you guys just said was false? LOL
Of course i know it’s not some lawyer forum im actually the one who pointed that out for you but hey guess what who’s the one was persistent on his argument in regards to the post owner question even after i gave my argument? Yup ITS YOU not me. So all in all i did nothing wrong but you did giving a false advice then argue about it.

anyway goodluck to the post owner. Was just my two cents.

rcincanada2019

Champion Member
Jan 14, 2023
Ontario
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
App. Filed.......
03-07-2022
Nomination.....
30-03-2022
AOR Received.
03-11-2022
What are you even talking about lol?
Where did i attack members? Point that out, only when i said what you guys just said was false? LOL
Of course i know it’s not some lawyer forum im actually the one who pointed that out for you but hey guess what who’s the one was persistent on his argument in regards to the post owner question even after i gave my argument? Yup ITS YOU not me. So all in all i did nothing wrong but you did giving a false advice then argue about it.

anyway goodluck to the post owner. Was just my two cents.
And what argument and false advice did i give to the OP? Yup ITS YOU not me.