+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Refugee Claim

confuse.com

Sep 5, 2010
Hi members,
I belong to the most conflict zone of the world, on border between Afghanistan and Pakistan. I and my family have life threats from Taliban and Al-Qaida. They have killed many of our relatives including my brother as well during last 2 years.They say you too are working for America and the west. I was running a non-profit organization having a netwok of schools where western education was thought.Most of the schools have been blown up by bombs by Taliban.Could you please give me some guidance regarding refugee claim process in the new system. I am on a visit and want to claim as a refugee here in Canada.How long the process will take in the IRB., if I have all the evidences news cuttings,schools documents and police reports, including valid passport????

I will appreciate for a positive response.

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I know less than nothing about refugee applications but you can find some information here: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/refugees/inside/index.asp

I do not know where to find processing time for refugees. They are not with any other timelines. I assume they are processed on a case by case basis. I know you will initially have to wait while they look at your case. At some stage you will have a sort of a first stage approval where you can get an open work permit and eventually you will be able to get PR. I hope somebody who knows something about this process can reply to this thread.

confuse.com

Sep 5, 2010
Thanks Leon,you doing a great job.
Is there anyone who may assist me in this regard?
I have a lot of questions and much confused.

auma

Sep 5, 2010
hi folks
i am a refugee in iraq with my family.i do not find anything inform regards refugee processing time.but there are somethings in the cic site and writing:the processing time is 4 mounths for damascus visa office(30 per cent)and 7 mounths(50 per cent)for refugees.we have UNHCR certificate and i applyed 2 months ago for canada by damascus visa office.nowadays we waiting a file number.

good luck all.