+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Refugee claim withdrawal

Kromants

Mar 15, 2017
Hello everyone,
What's the refugee claim withdrawal process ?
I didn't have hearing yet.
I'm in a really tough situation because of my previous lawyer and have to go back due family issues.
Can anyone guide me please?
Thank you

maktabi

Jan 19, 2016
Hi there,
I quote someone's expereience and also you can find the link for the topic below.

Wish things get better for you.
Regards.

Someone sent me a private msg asking me about what happened with my seized passport, so I decided to write this for anyone who is interested about getting back his passport to travel back home.

First of all just to be clear about some points:
* I was a protected person
* I decided to get my seized passport after a successful decision
* I had a young daughter who was living in another country which basically I was living in too for the past years(not the country I am asking protection from)
* I am not allowed to travel with my home passport or to renew it
* This country and all GCC countries; actually most of the Arabic country's doesn't accept travel documents.

So here is the journey:
* I asked for an appointment with the airport road CBSA to discuss the matter of getting an exception to be able to travel with my passport.
* They told me my passport is not with them and it's in 25 St. Clair CIC and that they will give them a msg to call me back
* I waited few days but no one called, so I went there personally which was useless as no one are allowed without an appointment
* I called the call center agents who sent me a link about Voluntary leave process
* I sent few letter to them and emails but still without an answer
* I decided to go back there again, told the security it's an emergency so he told me to go to 55 St. Clair, and so I did
* I met an officer there who told me this is not from there side and I have to file an application in the CIC which is located in Kipling
* I went to Kipling, waited for 2 hours, at last met an officer, who explained clearly that there is no exceptions and my passport can't be given back to me before I get my PR, and that I can't travel with it or use it when I get it, and that I may suffer from cessation if I did even if I think I have a valid reason and even if am actually not traveling to the country am asking protection from. She explained that I have two choices even to withdraw my protected person status and to Voluntary leave, or to wait until I get the citizenship to be able to travel and see my daughter which was not acceptable to me so I decided to withdraw. Then I was told that is not from there side and I have to go to Victoria road CBSA 10th floor
* I went the next day, met an officer, told him the story again, he told me that they will call me back once they get my file from St. Clair
* Few days later they called me for an interview, the officer again explained to me the process and asked me to think, I told her I have made my decision, so she asked me to sign some papers and to book an airplane tickets two weeks from today, so I did and gave her a copy and she provided me with the directions of what to do the day of my travel.
* The day came, I went to the airport and then to the CBSA office there, they again made me sign some peppers and gave me another one for the airline to check my bags.
* After that point I checked my bags normally, waited for the boarding time, exactly when the boarding started the officer came with my passport so I can go into the airplane.

And that's it... Am with my daughter now
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/the-journey-to-get-my-seized-passport-and-go-back-home.438441/