+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Refugee can't return home

liliputian

Dec 10, 2010
If I lose my refugee hearing and get a departure order, can Canada send me to another country besides where my citizenship is? I will be jailed if I return to my country (I have no criminal record). Can I ask to go anywhere, but where I am from? It is dangerous to return to my country. I have been outspoken on their human rights records. Please...I need help to NOT return there. What else can I do? I have a Canadian friend/girlfriend. Can she help and/or sponsor me while I'm going thru the refugee process? If I'm denied, can she sponsor me? If I get a Canadian job...can my employer sponsor me too if I am refused as a person of need of protection? What about applying for the Compassionate stay? Can I do that and appeal at the same time? I don't understand the appeal process...there is one to the Courts and one to Immigration. Which one do I apply to? They both have a dismal success rate....
Thank you so much.

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Have you discuss this with a lawyer? If not, you can talk to the owner of this forum for legal advice.

newtone

Champion Member
Nov 10, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I agree there is lots of information, its not easy being a refugee. If this is the only option you have than death then count your blessings to be alive. It takes time and frustrations comes very easily, have faith, hang in there and if all goes well and Canada accepts you as a refugee then things will be better for you. Good luck

Ario

Nov 12, 2010
You don't have to understand all the details in your case,that is why you are using the services of a lawyer,he knows the law better than you do;you just have to know the key points of your case.(major events and key dates,names etc...) Asylum cases usually take long ,there is no need to hit the panic button by thinking of situations which have not happened yet.

liliputian

Dec 10, 2010
refugee status denied

my refugee status was denied. is it better to apply for a prra or compassionate/humanitarian? I heard both have only 3% chance of success. My country is very dangerous now, it is Syria, but it's not on Canada's list of temporary stops. What can I do? I'm terrified. Please help.

Ario

Nov 12, 2010
@liliputian
I don't think any country can deport people to Syria at this stage. So you should feel safe for now.

liliputian

Dec 10, 2010
I hope you're right, but does anyone know for sure what Canada is doing about deporting to Syria or anyo ther dangerous country right now?

Saeid2011

Aug 21, 2011
Iran
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
liliputian said:
If I lose my refugee hearing and get a departure order, can Canada send me to another country besides where my citizenship is? I will be jailed if I return to my country (I have no criminal record). Can I ask to go anywhere, but where I am from? It is dangerous to return to my country. I have been outspoken on their human rights records. Please...I need help to NOT return there. What else can I do? I have a Canadian friend/girlfriend. Can she help and/or sponsor me while I'm going thru the refugee process? If I'm denied, can she sponsor me? If I get a Canadian job...can my employer sponsor me too if I am refused as a person of need of protection? What about applying for the Compassionate stay? Can I do that and appeal at the same time? I don't understand the appeal process...there is one to the Courts and one to Immigration. Which one do I apply to? They both have a dismal success rate....
Thank you so much.
you have wrote some subjects like:refugee,girlfriend and work.I think first of all you should make appointment with lawyer.certainly he will assist you in this matter.

R

refugee709

Refugee sponsored before hearing

hi all

I'm refugee Claimed in Canada ,i get married last June 2011 and my wife sponsored me she is Canadian citizen , i send my sponsorship applications on November 2011 and i received a notice that they have received my application ,, just today I received a litter from the the refugee board informing me about the date of hearing witch is next month , can you please tell me what to do now , do i have to cancel my refugee case and keep the sponsorship? or shall I keep both of them at the same time ? and what happen if my refugee case Denied ? do they can deport me , my wife and I we are in the same age and we both working ,, and if accepted as refugee do i have to re make another Police clearness to apply for PR which i already make one police clearness for my sponsorship application
I appreciate your replay