+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Refuge Status

dudabrodzeli

Jul 7, 2024
Hi Everyone,

I have arrived to Canada and applied ONLINE as a refugee, I get ACKNOWLEDGEMENT OF CLAIM AND NOTICE TO RETURN FOR INTERVIEW (but no date inside), I have also passed medical exam and now i dont know what to do? I dont have money for lawyers and I am trying to read some information online but cant find exact information. I was wondering maybe someone will share information, I have two question:

1. Do I already have a work permit (I have requested it when Appling for refuge status).
2. Can I get some financial assistance from Canadian government to purchase some necessary furniture, etc.

Thank you all in advance for your assistance and advices.
Best,
Duda

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hi Everyone,

I have arrived to Canada and applied ONLINE as a refugee, I get ACKNOWLEDGEMENT OF CLAIM AND NOTICE TO RETURN FOR INTERVIEW (but no date inside), I have also passed medical exam and now i dont know what to do? I dont have money for lawyers and I am trying to read some information online but cant find exact information. I was wondering maybe someone will share information, I have two question:

1. Do I already have a work permit (I have requested it when Appling for refuge status).
2. Can I get some financial assistance from Canadian government to purchase some necessary furniture, etc.

Best,
Duda
1. No, you don't have a work permit yet.
2. I cannot help with this question but I'm sure others will.

trymebeyonce2020

Feb 21, 2023
Hi Everyone,

Best,
Duda
1. You do not have a work permit yet until you get a second message for Notice of Return for Interview which will state the Venue, Date and Time. For now, you’re on a long waiting.

2. Getting financial assistance and furnitures from government, Yes, it’s possible. But you will have to apply for Social Assistance Welfare with Ontario Work Benefit, then a caseworker will be provided for you. Only he/she can decides if you’re Eligible for whatever you needed.
Goodluck

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
1. No
2. Ask for support from local churches/community/immigration groups about furniture. Look at provincial social assistance.