+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Refuge claim religion persecution

Jesuschild

Jan 8, 2017
Hi I am a Muslim and my girl friend of 8 year is a Christian.My current country does not recognize or allow marriage between Muslim and non Muslim.This kind of marriage only can be done once the the non Muslim convert to Muslim however I have no faith in Muslim and not practising it and I doesn't want my girlfriend to convert .Since I have no faith on Muslim I filed as case in court to renounce Islam however the case have been going on for 10 yrs without solving finally last year they threaten me to pull out the case if not I might be send to detention center this warning has been documented I have the court file affidavit with me can I claim asylum on this case also whr should I claim inland or port of entry .Pls help this past 1 year I have been living with fear and I'm getting old due to my stupid country rule I unable to get married or start family with my non Muslim girlfriend

key78

Star Member
Aug 23, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
since your country allows changing religions and you have been alive for 10 years since you filed your case to the court..

There is a slight chance that you would be accepted as a refugee in Canada.

Jesuschild

Jan 8, 2017
That is the thing my country does not allow conversion I risk my life to file case appeal to change my religion however now they want to detain me to be send to muslim detention center .Yes I am alive but living as I don't exist and I can't practice my belief I can't have normal life like other.key78 can I know are you legal officer or immigration officer since you seems to be very wise that I alive for 10 year since file case may be it seems funny to you but only God knows wat I'm going through as

Buletruck

VIP Member
May 18, 2015
Just an opinion, but I don't believe that claiming persecution will not work. As you identify with the "preferred" religion of your home country, I suspect it will be difficult to claim it's persecution. It is more likely to succeed if you claimed religious discrimination, based on what you have indicated regarding your decision to change faith and the repercussions of doing so. It will also depend on which country you are coming from (I am assuming Pakistan)and the current laws there in the assessment of your claim. Be sure the documents you intend to submit indicate a threat and do not show you are attempting to flee legal prosecution.....that will make it that much more difficult. i suspect it will be an uphill battle for you.
Also keep in mind that it is unlikely you will be able to make a claim to include your girlfriend in a refugee claim, meaning you will have an extended period of separation from her until you recieve an outcome for your claim.

vensak

VIP Member
Jul 14, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
1. You also claim to be Muslim and at the same time to renounce your religion (Islam) 10 years ago and at the same time doing it because you want to marry non Muslim, which you know for 8 years. That statement alone is confusing.

2. Generaly in Islam it is allowed to marry non muslim woman as long as she is Christian or Jewish.
You would have to proove that that is not case according to your country law. (this is even regonised in countries like Saudi Arabia).

key78

Star Member
Aug 23, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Jesuschild said:
That is the thing my country does not allow conversion I risk my life to file case appeal to change my religion however now they want to detain me to be send to muslim detention center .Yes I am alive but living as I don't exist and I can't practice my belief I can't have normal life like other.key78 can I know are you legal officer or immigration officer since you seems to be very wise that I alive for 10 year since file case may be it seems funny to you but only God knows wat I'm going through as

which country are you from? more details would be useful to analyze your case well