+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Reference letters from 3-4 years ago?

Jeltsin25

Mar 8, 2021
Hi guys! I’m having doubts about some reference letters since they were issued by my immediate bosses from 3-4 years ago. However, these bosses are no longer working for that company (they changed jobs by those years, something common here in my country). Would it be a problem? Since they have issued those letters on behalf of the company for those days but now no longer be part of the company?

Is it really necessary to be the company’s name printed? Because one of those letters is in normal paper, since the company only gave me a certificate saying the period of work (with its logo), without saying my duties, and was my back-then former boss the one who issued my letter with duties only (no salary specified). Kind of complicated for me since I’m not sure to get a PR invitation soon and my letters are getting even older (4 years old by next year); and companies here in my home country are not really used to issue these types of letters and leave it to immediate bosses to sign them (if they want to)