+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Reference Letter Signature - Contracting Agency as Employer

Preston_Cleric

Apr 11, 2020
Hello everyone,
One of my past employers is a contracting agency based in Michigan, USA but I was physically working in the client site in Wisconsin, USA.

My reference letter was created by this contracting agency, but the person signing the reference letter was not the one handling my profile but the Director of Global Mobility who handles all the profiles and is the signatory authority, I believe. I believe she is the person my profile handler reports to.

I have the following queries;
1. As the signatory authority is different from the person handling my profile, will this create any problems? The reference letter has all the required information about my profile and position provided by the client I was working for and covers the requirements set by IRCC. The reference letter also has contact details of the Director.

NOTE: My request for reference letter was sent to the Director of Global Mobility by my profile handler.

Should I press and get the profile handler's signature on the reference letter? Making this request seems like a no-go as my profile handler said that all questions should be addressed to the Director and not her.

My profile handler was not very involved in the work I was doing and our conversations were only related to payroll and logging the working hours I had completed in a week. But, on the other hand, I have never had any interactions with with the Director of Global Mobility even though I'm sure she has details about my position.

2. Would my reference letter be rejected based on the fact that the Contracting Agency is in a different state as compared to the state I was physically working in?

Would greatly appreciate any inputs to tackle this situation. Thanks in advance!