+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Reference letter not available for first job

Artican

Aug 15, 2021
Dear All,
I am an Engineer with almost 8 years experience, but for my first job I have got only experience certificate and bank statement: no reference letter available.
Does this matter?
Also, my career history includes a maternity leave/break of 2 years, does this affect?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
What stream? So you have received an ITA? Are you counting the work experience? If so it is mandatory that you have an employment letter. All the information to verify work experience is on the IRCC website.

Artican

Aug 15, 2021
What stream? So you have received an ITA? Are you counting the work experience? If so it is mandatory that you have an employment letter. All the information to verify work experience is on the IRCC website.
Biomedical engineering,
No I haven’t received ITA but would like to know if reference letter is mandatory or just experience certificate and bank statement would do,

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Biomedical engineering,
No I haven’t received ITA but would like to know if reference letter is mandatory or just experience certificate and bank statement would do,
Are you counting points for the job? If so see the link. Lists mandatory documents. You must show that your responsibilities match the NOC so you need a employment letter.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/permanent-residence/express-entry/applications-received-on-after-january-1-2016-completeness-check.html

Artican

Aug 15, 2021