+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Reference Letter from Spouse

abhnigam

Apr 16, 2018
Hello all,

I have a query regarding the reference letter. I am working in my family business for the last 3 years and the business is in the name of my spouse. She is the Proprietor of the business and I am working as Director - Finance. I draw a fixed amount as a salary from the business every month and my spouse signs on the payslips (as the owner) of the business. The business is registered under MSME and is a full time paid job. I have the joining letter, payslips and will be getting the relieving letter as well once I leave.
My question is can I take and use this reference letter as this will be signed by my spouse who will accompany me to Canada. Will there be any issue for this reference letter? Please advise?

mr.preetsingh

VIP Member
Oct 26, 2017
Canada
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
14-04-2018
Doc's Request.
NA
Nomination.....
NA
AOR Received.
14-04-2018
IELTS Request
NA
File Transfer...
NA
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
07-04-2018
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
19-06-2018
VISA ISSUED...
25-06-2018
LANDED..........
06-09-2018
Hello all,

I have a query regarding the reference letter. I am working in my family business for the last 3 years and the business is in the name of my spouse. She is the Proprietor of the business and I am working as Director - Finance. I draw a fixed amount as a salary from the business every month and my spouse signs on the payslips (as the owner) of the business. The business is registered under MSME and is a full time paid job. I have the joining letter, payslips and will be getting the relieving letter as well once I leave.
My question is can I take and use this reference letter as this will be signed by my spouse who will accompany me to Canada. Will there be any issue for this reference letter? Please advise?
I personally do not advice this. Rest, wait for others to respond on this.

THRISHI

Star Member
Jan 27, 2016
Hello all,

IMO, this could be perceived as conflict of interest especially if your wife is part of the EE application. You shud get that letter from your counterpart or if there are any other stakeholders in company (no direct relatives as they will be declared in your EE application) or if your company has an HR/admin officer who can provide on company letterhead.