+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Reference Letter for a company that has the name changed 4 Times

vinnykannan

Nov 6, 2018
Hello Everyone,

I received my ITA 1 week back and now I am preparing to submit all the required documents. But there is something that is really troubling me and I need guidance in preparing the Reference letter for my first company. I have worked in 4 companies as a linux system administrator and have a total experience of 6.3 years. All the companies have agreed to provide a reference letter to me with all the details I have requested but My first company where I worked for 4 years has changed the company name 4 times. It was A when I joined and then was acquired and became B and we received a relieving letter and a joining letter with the new company name B and then the name was changed to C due to management decisions within few years and all my relieving documents are with the name C but currently the name of the company is D. Can someone please guide me as to how a reference letter should be created in this scenario? Will it be a problem if the letter head is having company name D ? They are willing to state in the reference letter that the name was indeed changed 4 times and mention all the names A B C and D? Also my profile here was Software engineer since we had 1 single technical team having the same designation (Software engineer) but different internal teams (Programmers,system admins etc), my designation in all other companies is System administrator or system engineer. My work here was pure linux system administration related and I have selected the NOC code relating to systems administrator "2281 - Computer network technicians", will my designation being software engineer in the first company pose any threat for my application? Will these issues related to my first company result in my rejection? I'm really worried. I have all the supporting docs(Appointment letter,Relieving letter,Experience Letter, salary slips,bank statements everything). Can someone please help me create a reference letter for the first company? Also let me know If these issues can be a roadblock to my wish of immigration to Canada?

Last edited: