+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Redo Medical Without CIC Request Letter?

themesplice

Jun 9, 2017
Hi,

Me and my wife are planning to have a baby. Our medical is going to expire in July 2018. We've already passed the interview last month (in march) and are now pending security / background checks which might take 3-6 months. Our Visa Officer didn't say anything regarding redo of medical at the time of interview.

So my question is;

#1. Would it be possible to redo a medical without CIC consent / request letter?
#2. If yes, then what information is required to be presented at the time of medical exam?
#3. Will CIC be able to locate the new medical (what information is required by CIC to find this medical)?

I'd really appreciate, if someone could answer this for me.

Thanks!

Nadiametwally

Star Member
Sep 9, 2017
Called cic cause my medical expired the 04/04/2018 the agent told me that cic will not ask for new medical since my security check is not completed and that they will not necessary ask for new medical it may be extended, but they will wait for security to be completed

themesplice

Jun 9, 2017
Called cic cause my medical expired the 04/04/2018 the agent told me that cic will not ask for new medical since my security check is not completed and that they will not necessary ask for new medical it may be extended, but they will wait for security to be completed
Thanks for the input. Have you ordered GCMS notes? If you did then what does it say?!