+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Red Seal - Skilled Trade - ITA

NaomiAmanda

Aug 14, 2023
Hey,
So basically, I had to restart my application due to a missing document and that was around when the Express Entry cut-off score went up.
I quickly restarted my application but my points were too low, so I took the red seal skilled trade exam and managed to pass the exam. Using that, my points went up and I managed to get an invite again, but my work permit expires in less than two months. I assembled all my documents, but my lawyer suddenly told me that I needed the red seal certificate, not the letter that states my results.
I called skilled trade, and they told me I was supposed to make another payment to "Activate" my status and I did, but they say it'll take 6-8 weeks for it to be sent to me.

What can I do as I only have a month left to send in my documents and extend my work permit? Will my application get rejected because I don't have the certificate or pocket ID for red seal even though I passed the exam?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hey,
So basically, I had to restart my application due to a missing document and that was around when the Express Entry cut-off score went up.
I quickly restarted my application but my points were too low, so I took the red seal skilled trade exam and managed to pass the exam. Using that, my points went up and I managed to get an invite again, but my work permit expires in less than two months. I assembled all my documents, but my lawyer suddenly told me that I needed the red seal certificate, not the letter that states my results.
I called skilled trade, and they told me I was supposed to make another payment to "Activate" my status and I did, but they say it'll take 6-8 weeks for it to be sent to me.

What can I do as I only have a month left to send in my documents and extend my work permit? Will my application get rejected because I don't have the certificate or pocket ID for red seal even though I passed the exam?
Generally your application has to be complete or you can expect IRCC to return it or refuse it. You do need the certificate itself.

If you cannot submit your application in time, then you will need to consider changing your status to visitor to keep your status in Canada legal.