+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Record of Employment

ajaykedia1992

Oct 21, 2023
I was gathering the record of employment for my past companies. Will the record of employment is same as relieving letter with job duties and are on the company letter head?

I checked on google, it seems like the record of employment should be sent to Service Canada and have a proper format - https://www.canada.ca/.../programs/ei/ei-list/ei-roe.html
PDF: https://www.canada.ca/.../ei/ei-list/reports/roe-guide.html

How will I send this for my past companies which were outside Canada? Is this format only applied to self employed or all kind of companies? Do I have to fill it out myself?

How this record of employment different from relieving letters ?

Also, Letter of employment v/s ROE, what's the difference between both if my PR application is asking to provide both proof for my Canada Employer?

canadasj

Star Member
Sep 29, 2023
Hi,

You are referring to the wrong link. Service Canada link seems to be related to Benefits within Canada.

• You don't send any documents to Service Canada. Once you receive ITA, a document checklist will be generated after you fill out your application, based on the Work history you have mentioned - you will need to upload proof of work experience for each experience.

From the above link only:

Proof of work experience
Purpose
To prove each work experience claim and to validate that the applicant meets program requirements​
Document requirements
  • The personalized document checklist in applicants’ online account prompts the applicant with an upload field for each work experience declared.
    • At the completeness check, the processing office determines only whether the required documents are included. The validity or fraudulence of the information is assessed only if and when the application is placed into processing.
The following documents are mandatory for each work experience declared:​
  • a reference or experience letter from the employer, which
    • should be an official document printed on company letterhead (must include the applicant’s name, the company’s contact information [address, telephone number and email address], and the name, title and signature of the immediate supervisor or personnel officer at the company),
      • should indicate all positions held while employed at the company and must include the following details: job title, duties and responsibilities, job status (if current job), dates worked for the company, number of work hours per week and annual salary plus benefits; and
    • if the applicant is self-employed, articles of incorporation or other evidence of business ownership, evidence of self-employment income and documentation from third-party individuals indicating the service provided along with payment details (self-declared main duties or affidavits are not acceptable proof of self-employed work experience).
If the work experience is in Canada, proof may include copies of T4 tax information slips and notices of assessment issued by the Canada Revenue Agency (the time period for these documents should reflect the work experience timeframe [e.g., work experience from 2006 to 2008 requires only documents from those calendar years]).​
Individuals who must submit this documentation
  • The principal applicant
    • Their spouse or common-law partner (if work experience in Canada is claimed)

Reactions: Taran D