+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Reconsideration: Visitor. Given email received that left me confused

trv2

Jul 31, 2024
Thank you for contacting Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC).

We verified the information you provided regarding your application and have forwarded it to the responsible office.

They will contact you if further information is required or once a decision is made on your application.

We hope the information provided is helpful in assisting you with your enquiry.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Thank you for contacting Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC).

We verified the information you provided regarding your application and have forwarded it to the responsible office.

They will contact you if further information is required or once a decision is made on your application.

We hope the information provided is helpful in assisting you with your enquiry.
This is a general reponse. It means nothing and you’ll need to wait for possible reconsideration although reconsideration is not a formal process and not common for TRV. Most just need to reapply.

Reactions: Naturgrl

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Doesn’t even mean your file has been re-opened. Agree that you should reapply unless you made a strong argument for an error in law. There are no timelines for reconsideration.

Reactions: canuck78

trv2

Jul 31, 2024
I received the acknowledgement before on july 11th when i submitted the request. This message is received almost after two weeks

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
I received the acknowledgement before on july 11th when i submitted the request. This message is received almost after two weeks
One was an automated response and other was acknowledging the request for reconsideration. In general unless IRCC made an error you should reapply