+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Recieved ITA! Now the questions (FBI check mostly)

stubish

Jul 3, 2008
Today after 12 months and 22 draws we recieved out ITA. It only took me (the spouse) taking a $300 english test... We're greatfull none the less. We're already CAD residents.

My wife is a USA citizen. We'll need to get the fbi check. she will send off the fingerprints tomorrow morning. However unless the FBI are under promising, we will not make the 60 day limit.

After some reading here, I assume the protocol is as follows:

1) wait for 59 days, get EVERYTHING else ready to transmit.
2) If there's no FBI check arrived on day 59 upload a letter in it's place explaining that it has not arrived and provide proof of when you sent the request.
3) Transmit.
4) Hopefully we will recieve an extension by the agent who assesses the case...

Here's a few questions. Hopefully there's some people here who can provide some previous experience.

* do we have to send the physical copies of the certificates in if an extension is granted, or will we need to upload.
* Is there any precedent for submitting your case earlier explaining that the wait time from the FBI file is (x) weeks? What has CIC recommended we do?

I';m sure I'll have more questions. I'm excited to get this show on the road!

Thanks in advance...

MooseNBooze

Nov 6, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-01-2016
Doc's Request.
22-01-2016
AOR Received.
20-01-2016
Med's Done....
22-01-2016
Passport Req..
22-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
03-05-2016
LANDED..........
25-12-2016
stubish, congratulations on the draw! You're not alone with the FBI delay issue. See here: http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/any-method-to-get-an-update-on-usa-pcc-t383717.0.html and here: http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/need-help-reg-pcc-request-deadline-extension-t390027.0.html;msg4852118#msg4852118

The steps you've outlined above is good, per my understanding. But I would suggest that you try to submit at least 5 days before the deadline. CIC website can be glitchy at times and it's not advisable to wait until the last minute to submit the eAPR.

As to your questions, no, you'll not be sending the physical copies. Instead, you will be uploading soft copies. And, yes, per some of the forum members, there have been precedents for submitting eAPR with LOE (with proof of requests to FBI) explaining lack of such reports, whereby CIC has granted 60 days extension to provide such reports. But who knows how a rookie CIC officer will take it? I am a bit concerned about the timing issue myself and am on the verge of sending another round of fingerprints to FBI soon (just to insure myself against the scenario where they reject the set I sent earlier...making me lose the 9 weeks that I've already spent waiting).

/start rant. This all sucks and frankly I am very disappointed with the FBI. I have yet to know of a developed country that takes 11-13 weeks to process PCCs, let alone my so-called "underdeveloped" and economically struggling country that processes hundreds of thousands of these per year and yet gave me a nicely typed report (with a photograph nonetheless!) within 2 business days. Budgeting woes in DC, I guess. Probably a bit of mismanagement as well. /end rant.

Best wishes to you. Please let us know in the other thread how your FBI PCC request goes.

stubish

Jul 3, 2008
Thanks for the info!

It was sent off today (the fingerprints). Last time we did this they were quoting 12 week and it came in 7 so hopefully we're on a similar trajectory...

Ok, so here's the next question.... It's regarding the celpip test. It expires on April 24th. I'll be transmitting our eAPR late march either with an FBI check or a explination letter.

Is there any danger of the test not being accepted? Once it's transmitted does that mean the test is 'in the system' or do we have to do another test?

I'd hate to have to pay another $300 to get proof that a native english speaker can in fact speak/read/write and listen to it ;)

Cheers
Stuart

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
stubish said:
Thanks for the info!

It was sent off today (the fingerprints). Last time we did this they were quoting 12 week and it came in 7 so hopefully we're on a similar trajectory...

Ok, so here's the next question.... It's regarding the celpip test. It expires on April 24th. I'll be transmitting our eAPR late march either with an FBI check or a explination letter.

Is there any danger of the test not being accepted? Once it's transmitted does that mean the test is 'in the system' or do we have to do another test?

I'd hate to have to pay another $300 to get proof that a native english speaker can in fact speak/read/write and listen to it ;)

Cheers
Stuart
If the test is valid when you submit the application, you don't have to repeat it.

MooseNBooze

Nov 6, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-01-2016
Doc's Request.
22-01-2016
AOR Received.
20-01-2016
Med's Done....
22-01-2016
Passport Req..
22-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
03-05-2016
LANDED..........
25-12-2016
This FBI issue is going to be a problem. I strongly suggest that folks with over 4-5 months of stay in the U.S. better send in a FBI request ASAP if they think they'll get ITA anytime soon. 13-15 weeks for processing plus shipping delays could mean you end up missing even the 60 days extension that CIC (so generously 8)) allows. I am in a pretty bad place right now even though I sent my request a few weeks before I got ITA. If my (or my family members') fingerprints get rejected by the FBI (for not being up to their standards - I sent in a pretty lousy set of home-made prints), then I am done for.