+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Recieved fingerprint request although I got a letter that I was ineligible to sponsor parents

jaded_sailor

Sep 10, 2024
I had filed application for PGP sponsorship . I got a mail saying I am ineligible to sponsor but a final decision will be made by an officer.
In the application I had opted for the option to "continue processing application even if I am found ineligible".
My parents got a request for fingerprinting. Is this due to my opting for continue processing application although I may be ineligible?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
I had filed application for PGP sponsorship . I got a mail saying I am ineligible to sponsor but a final decision will be made by an officer.
In the application I had opted for the option to "continue processing application even if I am found ineligible".
My parents got a request for fingerprinting. Is this due to my opting for continue processing application although I may be ineligible?
Yes, you said to continue processing even if ineligible.

Reactions: YVR123

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
IRCC is doing exactly what you opt for; continue to process although you are ineligible.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
As others have said, they will continue to move through all of the processing steps of the application including biometrics, medicals, PCC, etc. And yes, this is because you told them to keep processing your application. Once all steps are completed, they will then officially refuse your application.