+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Recieved document, unsure of its meaning

Kahisys

Star Member
Nov 2, 2015
Greetings.

Shortly after recieving the confirmation that my open work permit was accepted, I recieved the following message (censored):

The part that confuses me is "as a temporary resident" when this message was sent on my work permit application.

It's even more confusing as my family class sponsorship application recieved the status "Your Action is Required" but no message got sent to tell me what's asked of me. Even the details of the status didn't change.
So...what's all that supposed to mean?

FairyRaichu

Star Member
Mar 9, 2017
To me it just looks like your work permit got approved and expires on 06/13/2019. It doesn't look like it has anything to do with your sponsorship. I got the same type of message when i was approved for 1 year extension. It had nothing to do with the sponsorship, it just means I got approved to stay in canada another year

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Greetings.

Shortly after recieving the confirmation that my open work permit was accepted, I recieved the following message (censored):

The part that confuses me is "as a temporary resident" when this message was sent on my work permit application.

It's even more confusing as my family class sponsorship application recieved the status "Your Action is Required" but no message got sent to tell me what's asked of me. Even the details of the status didn't change.
So...what's all that supposed to mean?
It means that your OWP has been approved. All workers, students and visitors are temporary residents.

Kahisys

Star Member
Nov 2, 2015
Huh, alright. This letter just has a weird phrasing I suppose.

And I guess the "Your Action is Required" status on the other application is just a coincidence that will get explained later.
Thank you for your answer!