+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

RECENT CHANGES UPDATE QUERY (JAN. 26, 2015)

carloygay

Aug 9, 2012
I applied under the QSW Program last year 2014 and now when I checked their website. Effective January 26, 2015 their is a new update. Are we affected by this recent changes? Please update me. Thank you.

2015 List of areas of training

NOTICE:
Changes have been made to the List of areas of training and will be effective January 26, 2015.

Due to differences between the List of areas of training of 2015 and 2013, it is important to verify the number of points attributed to your area of training or redo the Preliminary Evaluation for Immigration before submitting your application for a selection certificate.

The 2015 List of areas of training (PDF, 212 Kb) now awards differentiated points to areas of training based on if they are recognized by a foreign diploma or a Québec diploma (or equivalent);
The 2015 List of areas of training (PDF, 212 Kb) applies to all applications as of January 26, 2015.
The Ministère prioritizes the processing of immigration applications filed by skilled worker candidates with diplomas according to the points associated with the area of training on the 2015 List of areas of training (PDF, 212 Kb).
The diploma must have been awarded within the five years preceding the application for a Certificat de sélection du Québec (CSQ – Québec Selection Certificate). If this is not the case, the candidate must have legally practised for at least one year, during the five years preceding the application for a CSQ, a profession directly related to the diploma obtained and for which he or she is being assessed.

IMPORTANT: To complete your application for a Certificat de sélection du Québec, consult the 2015 Code list of areas of training (PDF, 1170 Kb) to find the alphanumerical code that corresponds to your area of training.