+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Receiving ITA after PGWP Expires

alex9708

Aug 20, 2024
Hello Guys,

I have a small doubt, it might be a stupid question but My PGWP will expire in one Month. I am waiting for the STEM category draw. What if I get an ITA after my PGWP expires?
Am I eligible to Work? because I see, that we have 90 days to restore our status even after PGWP expiry. I am baffled in this matter. Once I get an ITA, am I eligible to apply for BOWP(Bridging open work permit) and while waiting for a decision to make on BOWP, can I continue to Work for the same organization I am working for now? Before PGWP expires, I will apply for the PGWP Extension to buy some time. So, while I'm waiting for a decision to be made on the PGWP Extension, am I able to work? and During this period, if I get an ITA, can I apply for BOWP?

Please let me know your thoughts.
Your replies are highly appreciated.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hello Guys,

I have a small doubt, it might be a stupid question but My PGWP will expire in one Month. I am waiting for the STEM category draw. What if I get an ITA after my PGWP expires?
Am I eligible to Work? because I see, that we have 90 days to restore our status even after PGWP expiry. I am baffled in this matter. Once I get an ITA, am I eligible to apply for BOWP(Bridging open work permit) and while waiting for a decision to make on BOWP, can I continue to Work for the same organization I am working for now? Before PGWP expires, I will apply for the PGWP Extension to buy some time. So, while I'm waiting for a decision to be made on the PGWP Extension, am I able to work? and During this period, if I get an ITA, can I apply for BOWP?

Please let me know your thoughts.
Your replies are highly appreciated.
If PGWP expires before ITA, submitting PR application and getting AOR, you cannot work. You need to restore status to worker and apply for BOWP but cannot work until approved.

You can work during your fake extension. What is your CRS score? STEM draws may not happen.

Reactions: iSaidGoodDay

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
WHy do you think there will be no STEM draws in the future?
Well because IRCC said about 25% of NOCs selected will be in the STEM category and most CEC profiles given ITAs are STEM NOCs. No reason for IRCC to hold STEM draws if meeting their targets. Never know though.