+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

received PR but ISSUE WITH COPR FORM : PLSSSS ADVICE

sanju12345

Oct 19, 2015
Hi All,

I received my passport with PR stamped. but I notices that in the COPR form the passport expiry date is updated wrong.

In the form they have mentioned to report to them immediately in case of any mismatch in COPR form.

What should I do now ? Should I send my passport again to newdelhi through VFS ?

Or can I goahead and land in canada and report to them once I reach there ?

Will it take more time to get it back if I send passport again ??

Please advise......

tbaba

Champion Member
Nov 10, 2014
Nigeria
Category........
Visa Office......
AVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07/11/2014
Nomination.....
PER 12/03/2015
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
01-04-2015
Med's Request
24-07-2015
Med's Done....
27-07-2015
Interview........
Telephone interview on 25/02/2016
Passport Req..
29-02-2016
VISA ISSUED...
21-03-2016
LANDED..........
28-05-2016
sanju12345 said:
Hi All,

I received my passport with PR stamped. but I notices that in the COPR form the passport expiry date is updated wrong.

In the form they have mentioned to report to them immediately in case of any mismatch in COPR form.

What should I do now ? Should I send my passport again to newdelhi through VFS ?

Please advise......
Kindly raise a CSE to your VO and scan the document with error. They will come back to you on what to do next. Please do not land yet

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
sanju12345 said:
Hi All,

Please advise......
Please do NOT land until you get this corrected. Mail the VO and let them know as advised by OP.

kuskus

Champion Member
Jun 17, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sanju12345 said:
Hi All,

Please advise......
In my opinion, you can travel with the document as is, as this is obviously a clerical error. My opinion is based on the information contained in the CIC Port of Entry Examination manual. Here's the quote:

" ensure that the bio data recorded on the Confirmation of Permanent Residence form
[IMM 5292B] matches the information in the applicant’s passport or travel document. In
cases where a clerical error has been made, the IMM 5292B should be corrected to bring
it into agreement with the bio data in the passport or travel document. The correction
should be made by placing an asterisk beside the error and notating the correction in the
remarks section of the IMM 5292B. Any corrections made should also be reflected in
FOSS;
Note: Hand written changes should not be made to the text of IMM 5292B and should be limited
to the remarks section."

All you need to do is make sure you bring it to the attention of the officer at the POE.

You can however do as already advised and raise a CSE with your VO.

engrted

Aug 19, 2015
sanju12345 said:
Hi All,

Please advise......
Resend it to them if there is a mistake.they will handle it

engrted

Aug 19, 2015
sanju12345 said:
Hi All,

Please advise......
Send your passport back to the visa office.they will apologize for their mistake and correct it.no need for cse.no need to be scared. You have almost finished the race.go to the visa office and correct it.its a stsmping error and your visa will be reissued within 30mins

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
engrted said:
Send your passport back to the visa office.they will apologize for their mistake and correct it.no need for cse.no need to be scared. You have almost finished the race.go to the visa office and correct it.its a stsmping error and your visa will be reissued within 30mins
Well I was of the impression that copr was a separate sheet of paper. Visa is stamped on the passport and copr is sent as a separate sheet. This person has problem with the copr and not the visa on the passport.

I don't know if you can just send your passport and copr straight to the embassy without CSE.