+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

received PR approval outside canada

monikasai1221

May 26, 2023
Hi,

My case is a bit complicated. I have applied for BOWP and PR on the same day (Jan 12 2023). I have a trv stamped on passport valid till 2025 (V-1). travelled to India in case of emergency on may 2nd.

Received PR approval on May 24th. Responded to portal 1 email stating i am currently outside canada and will return by June 21. Received response from them to contact IRCC once i am back in canada to resume PR issuance process.

My question is

1. Can i travel back with my visitor visa (Which was issued when i first applied for my PGWP and is still valid)
2. If not, what are my options to travel back? Based on my knowledge, IRCC will not issue COPR if i am outside canada.

Responses are highly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

novemberrain

Sep 6, 2022
Toronto, Ontario
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Kitchener
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
9-11-2022
AOR Received.
10-11-2022
Yep! You are not a PR yet, so using a Visitor Visa is fine.

When you go back to Canada, you can reply to the email and attach your flight information to show that you really went outside Canada and now you are back :"D

Reactions: Chasechs

Chasechs

Sep 11, 2019
Yes you most certainly can return on the TRV. The visa and permits only become invalid when you are issued the COPR, not before. So once you are back in Canada you should notify IRCC. They will send your portal details to declare that you are in Canada and soon after received the eCOPR. All the best.