+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Received PNP Nomination after express entry profile became ineligible due to age

SK_CANADA

Oct 7, 2016
Hi,

I received PNP Nomination after express entry profile became ineligible due to age.
1)I applied in Express Entry in August 2015.
2) My minimum criteria points were 67.
3) In July 2016, I applied for PNP nomination.
4) Express Entry application expired in August 2016
6) September 1 is my birthday and now I have become ineligible and do not meet minimum criteria points.
7) I received nomination for PNP application Oct 5 2016 based on my express entry application that has expired.
8) I cannot go update my previous express entry application as it has expired and I cannot create a new one as due to age I am now ineligible.

Is there a way I can still get PNP nomination applied to express entry?

Regards
SK

dejavus

Apr 22, 2015
I believe you should be able to create a new profile, but just select you have a provincial nomination so that should make you eligible.
Other experienced users can comment, I stand corrected.

flakkyk

Jun 8, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Sk Canada,

Go ahead and create a new profile the earned points from provincial nomination will allow you to create a new profile

AIM123

Star Member
Aug 21, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
SK_CANADA said:
Hi,

I received PNP Nomination after express entry profile became ineligible due to age.
1)I applied in Express Entry in August 2015.
2) My minimum criteria points were 67.
3) In July 2016, I applied for PNP nomination.
4) Express Entry application expired in August 2016
6) September 1 is my birthday and now I have become
ineligible and do not meet minimum criteria points.
7) I received nomination for PNP application Oct 5 2016 based on my express entry application that has expired.
8) I cannot go update my previous express entry application as it has expired and I cannot create a new one as due to age I am now ineligible.

Is there a way I can still get PNP nomination applied to express entry?

Regards
SK
Hi i'm afraid. You will have to write another IELTS to upgrade your points to 67points and then create a new EE profile which you will send to the province that nominates you.

thestunner316

Champion Member
Feb 6, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
as far as i know, if your score drops below 400 after you receive PT due to age, then it shouldnt be a problem... OINP provides exception ONLY if score falls below 400 due to age... (I'm assuming its OINP, not sure about other provinces)

SK_CANADA

Oct 7, 2016
AIM123 said:
Hi i'm afraid. You will have to write another IELTS to upgrade your points to 67points and then create a new EE profile which you will send to the province that nominates you.

Thanks for the reply. I already have 8.5 in IELTS. So cannot upgrade it.

SK_CANADA

Oct 7, 2016
flakkyk said:
Hi Sk Canada,

Go ahead and create a new profile the earned points from provincial nomination will allow you to create a new profile
Thanks for the reply. I created a new profile. Since they do not consider provincial nomination in the minimum criteria of 67 points, I do not get any advantage there. I could still create the profile, it shows status as "Ineligible", Provincial Nomination pending and does not give job bank validation code. :(.

Is there any way I can reach out to CIC to ask them a way around this?

SK_CANADA

Oct 7, 2016
thestunner316 said:
as far as i know, if your score drops below 400 after you receive PT due to age, then it shouldnt be a problem... OINP provides exception ONLY if score falls below 400 due to age... (I'm assuming its OINP, not sure about other provinces)
It is not OINP.