+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Received PGWP for 1 year instead of 3. help.

Aug 30, 2021
  • I forgot to put in transcript for my for my first course as a result I have received a PGWP of 1 year instead of 3 years, however I had 2, 1 Year courses.
  • applied for reconsideration with my first transcript and was denied, they were still saying i had 1 year course.
  • requested to review the reconsideration again, and was still denied.
  • instead got a message saying
    • If your PGWP expires before the validity you would have been entitled for, it is possible to ask for an extension of your work permit.
      To extend the validity of your work permit:

• You can apply by mail and include:
      • an explanation letter, and
      • a document from your school (transcript, official letter, certificate, etc.) that confirms you completed and passed all your second program requirements
Please advise me what to do next and if i need to apply for work permit offline, what kind of visa am i applying for and when? should i apply immediately or when my work permit is about to expire? because PGWP must be applied under 180 days from graduation if i am not wrong. But the agent on call said i should apply when my work permit is about to expire. if anyone went through a similar scenario please share. any help is appreciated. Thank You!