+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Received my PR confirmation email, but travelling to India from Canada next week.

aarohsingh

Nov 24, 2017
Hi All,

I received my PR confirmation email yesterday. I'm currently in Canada on a PGWP and have a valid TRV as well. I'm traveling to India next week and will be back in the First week of April 2023. Can I wait to reply to the IRCC email for creating the PR portal until I come back from my trip to India or Is there a time window within which I need to reply to that email and start the process of receiving the COPR?

Also, does the TRV become invalid once I receive my COPR or will it still be valid until I receive the PR card?

thanks

Taran D

VIP Member
Oct 1, 2020
Hi All,

I received my PR confirmation email yesterday. I'm currently in Canada on a PGWP and have a valid TRV as well. I'm traveling to India next week and will be back in the First week of April 2023. Can I wait to reply to the IRCC email for creating the PR portal until I come back from my trip to India or Is there a time window within which I need to reply to that email and start the process of receiving the COPR?

Also, does the TRV become invalid once I receive my COPR or will it still be valid until I receive the PR card?

thanks
Read the email again, I think there is mentioned to respond within 7 days. Reply to it mentioning the things asked and saying that you are leaving Canada for a fixed period, you will be sent further instructions to inform when you are back and your case will be at hold.