+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Received letter first part approved...now help

robertbola

Mar 29, 2009
Hi guys,

Okay we received the letter that the sponsor's part has been approved and that our application has been fowarded to buffalo. The letter was written on the 29th-- what's next? Do I get a letter from Buffalo?

Also, that website e-cas it seems that people are saying that it says the medical has been received etc etc- from what I see I just see two columns and one says decision made the other no information available. Is there a better website or another website to check? Does buffalo have one?

I know the first part is the easy part---now we are just eager to get this out of the way all together .

Boncuk

Nov 15, 2008
In a few weeks you will receive an AOR (Acknowledgement of Receipt) depending on your application the process can take between 4-9 months. Once you get the AOR you will have a Immigration File Number for the applicant and you sign on to ecas with the applicant's details. I'm not sure how Buffalo works and how much they update ecas but at least you know it's there and that they are processing your file. If you go here www.trackitt.com/canada-immigration-trackers/family-class You can make a filter for Buffalo and get an idea for processing timelines.
Good luck

RobsLuv

Champion Member
Jul 14, 2008
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Original:14Mar2007; Reprocess began after appeal:26Apr2010
Doc's Request.
Original:9May'07; Reprocess:7May'10
AOR Received.
Original:28Apr'07; Reprocess:26Apr'10
File Transfer...
n/a
Med's Request
Reprocessing:7May2010
Med's Done....
Jun2010
Interview........
n/a
Passport Req..
30Nov2010!!
VISA ISSUED...
31Dec2010!!
LANDED..........
31Jan2011
There aren't any other websites that give you status info - and Buffalo isn't that great about updating. Our case was in process for 10 months and the first day we were able to access eCAS it said, "In Process" and "Medicals Received", and it never updated again until the day it said "Decision Made".

Zainee

May 25, 2009
robertbola said:
Hi,
Out of topic, but when did you send in your application ? I just sent in mine this month. Does it take whole 39 days to go through the first stage or we can hear something sooner? How long is the transit time? Just curious as we are waiting and a bit nervous. Thanks

sushi14

Jun 16, 2009
hi boncuk i think its outland,,hehehe,,how can i see if they received my medical,,i log on ecas and says in process..