+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Received ITA under CEC even though I'm only eligible for FSW

Deiniol

Nov 24, 2022
So I received ITA under CEC even though I'm only eligible for FSW. My profile also shows that criteria for CEC are met, even though I stated that I don't have >1 of Canadian experience. Funny enough, the CRS breakdown table in the ITA also displays that I claimed 0 points for CRS – Human Capital – Canadian Work Experience.

According to this official page
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/permanent-residence/express-entry/invitation-apply.html

"A candidate cannot apply under a class other than the one specified in their ITA, even when the candidate appears to be eligible for multiple classes."

Should I decline my ITA because of that? If so, how can preclude getting an ITA under CEC again? My profile seems to be okay. Deleting and recreating a profile sounds like a possible way to sort out the issue, but I'd like to avoid it. Thanks for all the help in advance

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
So I received ITA under CEC even though I'm only eligible for FSW. My profile also shows that criteria for CEC are met, even though I stated that I don't have >1 of Canadian experience. Funny enough, the CRS breakdown table in the ITA also displays that I claimed 0 points for CRS – Human Capital – Canadian Work Experience.

According to this official page
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/permanent-residence/express-entry/invitation-apply.html

"A candidate cannot apply under a class other than the one specified in their ITA, even when the candidate appears to be eligible for multiple classes."

Should I decline my ITA because of that? If so, how can preclude getting an ITA under CEC again? My profile seems to be okay. Deleting and recreating a profile sounds like a possible way to sort out the issue, but I'd like to avoid it. Thanks for all the help in advance
IRCC broke the EE calculator when they made the TEER updates and gave people credit for points they don't have (also took away points in some cases incorrectly). Why they went ahead with the draw is beyond me. But that's IRCC.

You don't qualify for CEC and can't submit an application under CEC. IMO you can wait for an announcement from IRCC on this issue or simply decline ITA. There are already dozens of posts on this topic on the forum. This was a known problem before the draw happened.

Reactions: Deiniol