+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Received ITA for BC PNP but EE Profile expires early October

Manawat27

Sep 10, 2024
I received an email today stating I can apply for the Skilled Immigration Program stream for BC PNP. I have until October 10th 2024 to complete and submit the application. I also have an EE profile with 496 points - I created this profile in October 2023.

I noticed that my EE profile will expire on October 3rd 2024. When I was registering for the PNP it asked me to provide my EE profile identifier.

I'm wondering what happens if my EE Profile expires while the BC PNP application is being processed. Should I withdraw the EE profile and create a new one? If I do that would I have to re-register for BC PNP?

Miss bee

VIP Member
Mar 24, 2020
I received an email today stating I can apply for the Skilled Immigration Program stream for BC PNP. I have until October 10th 2024 to complete and submit the application. I also have an EE profile with 496 points - I created this profile in October 2023.

I noticed that my EE profile will expire on October 3rd 2024. When I was registering for the PNP it asked me to provide my EE profile identifier.

I'm wondering what happens if my EE Profile expires while the BC PNP application is being processed. Should I withdraw the EE profile and create a new one? If I do that would I have to re-register for BC PNP?
Are you applying under Express Entry category? If yes , you can make new profile and update BC PNP about it .

Manawat27

Sep 10, 2024
@Miss bee yes, I am applying under the Express Entry category. My only concern is that if I withdraw my EE profile it will affect my NON-PNP chances of getting an ITA. But if that is not the case I will withdraw the EE profile first, create a new one and then use that for the PNP ITA that I received.

mpnpIM

Star Member
Nov 27, 2023
@Miss bee yes, I am applying under the Express Entry category. My only concern is that if I withdraw my EE profile it will affect my NON-PNP chances of getting an ITA. But if that is not the case I will withdraw the EE profile first, create a new one and then use that for the PNP ITA that I received.
Haven't you received ITA already?

Manawat27

Sep 10, 2024
@mpnpIM I received an ITA for the BC PNP application. I got that ITA when I registered via my existing EE profile, that profile is set to expire on October 3rd.

When filling out the application details for the PNP invite, I am required to enter my EE profile number and the expiry date. My application deadline is October 10th.

I am unsure if I should withdraw my existing EE profile, create a new one and use the new one in the BC PNP application. I am unsure because I don't know if this will affect my chances of getting the nomination (because now the EE profile is different in the application compared to what it was when I registered for PNP). Additionally I am unsure if it would affect my chances of getting an invitation via a NON PNP route.

mpnpIM

Star Member
Nov 27, 2023
@mpnpIM I received an ITA for the BC PNP application. I got that ITA when I registered via my existing EE profile, that profile is set to expire on October 3rd.

When filling out the application details for the PNP invite, I am required to enter my EE profile number and the expiry date. My application deadline is October 10th.

I am unsure if I should withdraw my existing EE profile, create a new one and use the new one in the BC PNP application. I am unsure because I don't know if this will affect my chances of getting the nomination (because now the EE profile is different in the application compared to what it was when I registered for PNP). Additionally I am unsure if it would affect my chances of getting an invitation via a NON PNP route.
Withdrawing your profile might leads to disqualification, are you not able to submit your application before your profile expires, I mean with BC. Then when it does expire, you create a new one and send them the details.

You cannot use a new one when the old one hasn't officially expired.

Manawat27

Sep 10, 2024
If your IRCC Express Entry profile has expired or is about to expire you will need to create a new federal Express Entry profile. When you create your new IRCC Express Entry profile, do not select that you have a BC PNP nomination as this creates a short timeline for the BC PNP to confirm your nomination and may result in your IRCC Express Entry profile being deleted again.

Please fill in the application form with the correct Express Entry profile information at the time of application.

If you have already submitted your BC PNP application and you have new Express Entry information that needs to be updated, please contact our office and provide the following:

• IRCC candidacy letter for new Express Entry profile. This documentation must include your name, Express Entry Profile Number and Job Seeker Validation Code
  • IRCC letter confirming status of expired Express Entry profile
  • Your full name
  • Your date of birth (DD/MMM/YYYY) e.g. 01 JAN 1981
  • Your BC PNP File Number

All attachments must be a PDF or JPG file and under 3MB. Once this information is received, we will add this information to your file.

Please note that after completing an assessment of your application, the BC PNP may only proceed to nominate you if your Express Entry profile remains valid and visible to the BC PNP. If your Express Entry profile has expired, the BC PNP cannot nominate you.

After completing an assessment of your application, the BC PNP can only proceed to nominate you if your Express Entry profile remains valid and visible to the BC PNP. If your Express Entry profile has expired, or if you have received an invitation to apply (ITA) from IRCC before the BC PNP completes its assessment, your Express Entry profile will no longer be visible to the BC PNP. Therefore, the BC PNP will be unable to nominate you, even if you meet all the requirements for the BC PNP stream under which you applied.

For more information about the program, please refer to the Skills Immigration Program Guide.

Thank you for your interest in the BC Provincial Nominee Program.
@mpnpIM @Miss bee This is the response I got when I contact BCPNP about my case. After reading that it seems as though it would be better if I withdraw my current EE profile and create a new one and then use the new one for my BCPNP application