+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Received ITA but had filed for divorce last month. Spouse not accompanying

aba84

May 11, 2018
NOTE: I posted this in Experience class forum too. Please apologize forthis duplicate post and sorry if this is not the right forum

Hi,

Here is my situation. Hope you guys could help.

I created an express entry profile in January. At that time I entered my status as married. Last month I have filed for my divorce, which will be finalized 6 months later in October. I have only a receipt from the court and an online page about the divorce plea. I got an ITA this week. My husband will not be accompanying with me.

1. What should be my marital status in my PR application. Can I change it now?
2. I will not able to get my husbands medical cert, police clearance, travel details and his family details, The application is not letting me proceed to next steps. what are my options.
3. I contacted a few immigration consultants in India but they have not handled such cases and are giving me a run around. Any good consultant recommended?
4. I heard about a affidavit stating I will not sponsor my spouse in future. Does anyone have a template and what is the process to get this (in terms of it is on a stamp paper or a Notorized document?)
5. How do I prove that my divorce is in process? where could I get a certificate etc?

Thanks
Any help is appreciated!

kolasinac

Aug 17, 2017
Until you get professional advice, the least you can do is send this information to IRCC through their web form. Attach any information that substantiates that you are going through a divorce. The offical IRCC website says that any changes in application which includes divorce should be sent through the web form.
I think if your CRS score doesn't change or increases as a single applicant, they might just change the fields in your ITA and let you apply.

Here is the link to the webform: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/contacts/web-form.asp

tulipz

Apr 4, 2016
I suggest you tweet CIC - briefly summarising your case. They reply quickly. I too had a unique query specific to my case. They responded in 2-3 days