+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Received CoPR. Now what?

Justin01

Mar 13, 2016
I received my CoPR in the mail last week, and couldn't be happier that I'll finally be able to join my family in Toronto.

I'll be ready to make the move sometime in September. In the mean time, I still plan on crossing the border regularly. Is that a problem? When I cross, do I state that my PR has been approved, but that I am not officially moving yet?

Also, when I do make the move in September, what will I need? I know I need both copies of the CoPR, the approval letter, and a list of belongings stating approximate value. Other than that, do I need to do or bring anything else?

Thanks. And let me say that in my limited experience on this forum, this is an incredibly friendly and helpful group. You have helped a great deal in educating me in the process, and in putting my mind at ease.

CDNPR2014

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
no, you don't have to mention your approval when you cross the border. if you want to continue being a visitor for a specific amount of time, then you act like a visitor. if your pr approval comes up (which it may - since it will probably be in the system), then answer truthfully. you don't have to land until you are ready. you may also consider getting the landing done at your next crossing to get it over with. it's only about 15 minutes. either way is fine.

for landing you need your copr, passport and if you have anything to declare on or after landing, you need to fill out the declaration forms. it's pretty simple really.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Justin01 said:
I received my CoPR in the mail last week, and couldn't be happier that I'll finally be able to join my family in Toronto.

I'll be ready to make the move sometime in September. In the mean time, I still plan on crossing the border regularly. Is that a problem? When I cross, do I state that my PR has been approved, but that I am not officially moving yet?
There is no need to wait until September. Just land on your next crossing and get it done with.

Justin01

Mar 13, 2016
canuck_in_uk said:
There is no need to wait until September. Just land on your next crossing and get it done with.
I've got some loose ends to tie up before I can go. I want to give my employer sufficient notice that I'm leaving, and I to get some other affairs in order.

But September will be here in the blink of an eye.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Justin01 said:
I've got some loose ends to tie up before I can go. I want to give my employer sufficient notice that I'm leaving, and I to get some other affairs in order.

But September will be here in the blink of an eye.
You aren't required to immediately move to Canada after landing. You can land, return back to the US to wrap up your affairs and then move in September.