+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Received call for Passports - Medical for son expiring next month

wasim01

Oct 4, 2012
Dear Forum Members please help

I received the call for passports today - the issue is that my youngest sons medical is expiring in Feb 2016. It was conducted in Feb 2015.
He was added later to the application and his medical exam request was sent separately - the rest of the family had second medical exam done last month.
I asked the CIC UK office to issue medical exam letter for youngest son again too so that all our dates match - they said that it cant be issued and if needed they will request a medical extension.

On the passport request it is written that visa will expire exactly one year after medical exam date. The rest of the family (myself, wife and elder son) are covered till november next year - but that leave the youngest son out. His visa will be expired when we receive it.

Please suggest what to do.

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
wasim01 said:
Dear Forum Members please help

I received the call for passports today - the issue is that my youngest sons medical is expiring in Feb 2016. It was conducted in Feb 2015.
He was added later to the application and his medical exam request was sent separately - the rest of the family had second medical exam done last month.
I asked the CIC UK office to issue medical exam letter for youngest son again too so that all our dates match - they said that it cant be issued and if needed they will request a medical extension.

On the passport request it is written that visa will expire exactly one year after medical exam date. The rest of the family (myself, wife and elder son) are covered till november next year - but that leave the youngest son out. His visa will be expired when we receive it.

Please suggest what to do.
1) You can land before the visa of your son expires.
2) You can talk to the consulate/embassy and tell them your situation in detail politely. They will probably consider re-issuing a medical request because the person in question is a child.

Good luck. Keep us posted.