+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Received AOR but leaving Canada - questions on correspndance

treasure73us

Mar 15, 2011
Dear Members and Friends

My Concern – 1

I have applied under CEC within Canada and have received AOR and file no. on 29 April from within Canada , and my work permits in Nov 2011 . However I am required leave Canada even earlier than Nov2011 ( I am leaving Canada in June 2011).There is a likely hood that I will be required to stay out of Canada even after Nov 2011.

My Concern -2 :

After this ( nov'11) date I don’t have any legal document to travel back to Canada . And may have to complete the required formalities ( such as Interview , Medical examination ) for the application from outside Canada.

My Queries:

1) Would my application be treated in the same time frame as applicable to the applications done within Canada ? (as I have applied from within Canada )

2) Will my non availability in Canada affect my processing time ?

3) Should I change my correspondence address to my new address ( which is a out side of Canada)or am I legally allowed to keep my local Canada address for the purpose of correspondence even though I am not staying in Canada after June 2011 ?

4) Will my processing office be the same ( Currently my application/file is under Buffalo , NY ), even though I change my correspondence address my new address ( which is a out side of Canada) ?

5) Can I give my Medical examination in out side of Canada ?

6) In case of successful medical examination , do I require to send my passports to Buffalo office for Visa Stamping ? or it would be sent to country where I am satying in ( which is my country of residence)

Request you to provide your valuable guidance and help in this matter.

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
treasure73us said:
1) Would my application be treated in the same time frame as applicable to the applications done within Canada ? (as I have applied from within Canada )

Yes. Depending on where you go and how long you are there, you might be asked to update police clearances.

2) Will my non availability in Canada affect my processing time ?

Not at all.

3) Should I change my correspondence address to my new address ( which is a out side of Canada)
You are REQUIRED to.
http://www.canadainternational.gc.ca/buffalo/imm/change_address-changement_adresse.aspx?lang=eng

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
treasure73us said:
3) or am I legally allowed to keep my local Canada address for the purpose of correspondence even though I am not staying in Canada after June 2011 ?

Why would you want to? That would make it difficult for CIC to contact you...

4) Will my processing office be the same ( Currently my application/file is under Buffalo , NY ), even though I change my correspondence address my new address ( which is a out side of Canada) ?

Your change of address will not affect the location of processing. Your file may continue to be processed in Buffalo, or it may be transferred to a local visa office in the US (New York, Los Angeles, Seattle, Detroit).

5) Can I give my Medical examination in out side of Canada ?
Yes.
http://www.cic.gc.ca/dmp-md/medical.aspx

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
treasure73us said:
6) In case of successful medical examination , do I require to send my passports to Buffalo office for Visa Stamping ?

Yes, you will have to send your passport to Buffalo or the local visa office in the USA.
Sorry I had to do this in pieces, was having trouble with the website...

waipm2000

Star Member
Sep 10, 2017
My PNP Paperbase PR is in Process AOR July 09, Waiting for Medical Request but planning to visit my home country for a couple of months. if I get medical request after i leave Canada. Can i do my medical in my home country and upload online please Advise? and can i leave Canada for a couple of months?

Thanks