+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Received a LANDING interview appointment in Vancouver, but I don't have a visa to enter Canada

tdh12

Feb 20, 2019
Hi all,

I received a landing interview invitation/appointment today for mid-March in Vancouver. However, my Canadian visa has expired and I'm currently not living in the country, and hence, I won't be able to apply for a visa and make it to my appointment on mid-March.

My situation is complicated. When I submitted the application, I was living in Canada under a post-graduate work permit. I'm married to a Canadian, and hence, I applied for a Canada class (inside/inland Canada) spousal sponsorship. My application was received in April 2018. I passed through all the steps (background, medical exam, etc.). However, I received a job offer in United States, and hence I've moved to the USA after I submitted my PR application. I did update the CIC my change of address and situation. And they still let me pass the "review of eligibility" to be sponsored in Canada Class. While living in the US, my Canadian visa expires (I'm from Vietnam, need visa to enter Canada). I've been too busy to renew the visa, and hence, I can't enter Canada at this moment. Even if I submitted an application for a tourist visa right now, I won't obtain a visa in time to make it to my landing interview. I know I can reschedule the interview, but I just want to get this over with. I still have a post-graduate work permit for Canada (valid until 2020), but my visa to enter Canada expired September 2018.

Any advice to how I can enter Canada for my interview? Should I email the immigration office to let them know about my situation? Will they issue me a one-time visa to enter Canada? Or will they reject my application based on the ground that I'm not living in Canada but applied for Canada Class (which at the time I was)? I'm very confused right now. Please help. Thank you.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Hi all,

I received a landing interview invitation/appointment today for mid-March in Vancouver. However, my Canadian visa has expired and I'm currently not living in the country, and hence, I won't be able to apply for a visa and make it to my appointment on mid-March.

My situation is complicated. When I submitted the application, I was living in Canada under a post-graduate work permit. I'm married to a Canadian, and hence, I applied for a Canada class (inside/inland Canada) spousal sponsorship. My application was received in April 2018. I passed through all the steps (background, medical exam, etc.). However, I received a job offer in United States, and hence I've moved to the USA after I submitted my PR application. I did update the CIC my change of address and situation. And they still let me pass the "review of eligibility" to be sponsored in Canada Class. While living in the US, my Canadian visa expires (I'm from Vietnam, need visa to enter Canada). I've been too busy to renew the visa, and hence, I can't enter Canada at this moment. Even if I submitted an application for a tourist visa right now, I won't obtain a visa in time to make it to my landing interview. I know I can reschedule the interview, but I just want to get this over with. I still have a post-graduate work permit for Canada (valid until 2020), but my visa to enter Canada expired September 2018.

Any advice to how I can enter Canada for my interview? Should I email the immigration office to let them know about my situation? Will they issue me a one-time visa to enter Canada? Or will they reject my application based on the ground that I'm not living in Canada but applied for Canada Class (which at the time I was)? I'm very confused right now. Please help. Thank you.
Hi

As you are not living in Canada with your spouse, you don't qualify for inland. Even if you are able to get to the interview in time, you would be refused landing for failing to meet the most basic inland requirements.

You need to withdraw the inland app and apply outland. You really should have done that when you left Canada.

Reactions: kcward7

Jenzyre

Oct 8, 2019
Hi!

I applied for PR under Interim pathway and i received an email last Sept. 30,2019 for my completion. I am waiting for the schedule of interview for CoPR. I just want to ask if how many days/weeks it takes to get the schedule here at Vancouver, BC? Thanks

StellaArtois

Aug 4, 2019
Alberta, Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
New York
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
24-05-2019
AOR Received.
13-07-2019