+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Recall Clearance Letter while Importing Car from US

whenhaveiever

Dec 15, 2023
Hi everyone,
I'm an American citizen and recently got my Canadian PR. I'm looking to import my personal vehicle from the US, and I see one of the steps is getting a recall clearance letter from the manufacturer. My car is a Toyota manufactured in the US, so as far as I can tell, I'm supposed to go to www.toyota.com/recall to get the recall clearance. However, all I can get after entering my VIN there is "Sorry! An error occurred during your request... You can refresh this page to retry. We apologize for any inconvenience." I can see at www.nhtsa.gov/recalls that there are no recalls for my vehicle, but is a printout of this page enough for import?

Has anyone else encountered this problem?

Thanks.

Abhi1982

Star Member
Jul 8, 2019
Hi everyone,
I'm an American citizen and recently got my Canadian PR. I'm looking to import my personal vehicle from the US, and I see one of the steps is getting a recall clearance letter from the manufacturer. My car is a Toyota manufactured in the US, so as far as I can tell, I'm supposed to go to www.toyota.com/recall to get the recall clearance. However, all I can get after entering my VIN there is "Sorry! An error occurred during your request... You can refresh this page to retry. We apologize for any inconvenience." I can see at www.nhtsa.gov/recalls that there are no recalls for my vehicle, but is a printout of this page enough for import?

Thanks.
raise a request on the toyota USA portal. I have seen a section there where they ask you to provide your vehicle VIN and then ask your question of the help that require. They usually respond in 2-3 days. https://www.toyota.com/support/contact-us/

Buletruck

VIP Member
May 18, 2015
Hi everyone,

Thanks.
I'd try the dealer. They should be able to provide one as well.