+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Reapplying for Student Visa...

RedShot82

Mar 16, 2013
Hello everyone,

I am going to re-apply for student visa, but this time I am showing 35,000 CAD in my account. I wanted to know that is it enough amount to show or not, since I do have some investment around 8 lac in the stock as well.. Do I need to show that investment as well??

The cost of one year expenses at U of R is approximately more than $28000. Tuition $14500, Room and board $7500, Other $6000.

On canadainternational.gc.ca it is stated that to cover the tuition and living expenses for at least one year in Canada. In addition to the cost of tuition, you should have at least CAD $10,000 available to cover your living expenses. So is 35k CAD is enough or not??

Also I heard from people that paying the semester fees also makes the case strong. I emailed the university and they told me that it is upto me that whether I want to pay it or not but they clearly mentioned it that if the visa application is rejected then the fees will not be refunded.
So what should I do?

Looking forward for some good answers

Regina

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2006
Beautiful British Columbia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
How long is your programm? A year? Than $35000 will be enough.

You say you are going to re-apply. Was the reason of the first rejection- lack of funds? If so- you should prove that $35 000 are yours and not just borrowed from a friend or family member to show money to VO that you have enough.

RedShot82

Mar 16, 2013
Regina said:
How long is your programm? A year? Than $35000 will be enough.

You say you are going to re-apply. Was the reason of the first rejection- lack of funds? If so- you should prove that $35 000 are yours and not just borrowed from a friend or family member to show money to VO that you have enough.
Its a 2 year MSc program..
reason of rejection... Insufficient financial resources... VO remarks on gcms notes
"PA is being sponsored by uncle in Canada Bank statements provided are insufficient to support PA/studies in Canada I am not satisfied that IRPR requirements have been met for issuance of SP Refused."

I would like to mention here that I submitted the required sponsorship documents, affidavit and bank statement of (1 year tuition fee + 2 year living exp) of my uncle who was sponsoring me..

Regina

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2006
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I still do not understand. What was the situation with money first time that did not satisfied VO officer?

You have to have funds enough to cover TWO years of tuition + TWO years of living (or for one year tuition + living AND reliable source of funding (even uncle's) for the second year)
Besides it is better if your uncle transfers money to your bank account. Otherwise it could be seemed as he just says that he sponsors you but what could prevent him to change his mind right after you get student visa?

RedShot82

Mar 16, 2013
Regina said:
I still do not understand. What was the situation with money first time that did not satisfied VO officer?

You have to have funds enough to cover TWO years of tuition + TWO years of living (or for one year tuition + living AND reliable source of funding (even uncle's) for the second year)
Besides it is better if your uncle transfers money to your bank account. Otherwise it could be seemed as he just says that he sponsors you but what could prevent him to change his mind right after you get student visa?
If I have the answers then I would prolly be in Canada doing my first semester and not asking questions :(
also a consultant told me not to transfer the money to my own account because then it would be difficult for me to justify the source of income. Even if I put it for 4-6 months... he told me that it would be better to show my uncle statement and the affidavit stated that all the charges and expenses whatsoever incurred in studying will be borne by him...

Now can you please help me out that whether 35K CAD is enough or not? Should I re-apply with this amount or not?

sandhuboy

Aug 26, 2012
Chandigarh
Category........
Visa Office......
CHANDIGARH
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-04-2013
Doc's Request.
16-04-2013
Med's Request
Waived
Interview........
Waived
VISA ISSUED...
08/05/2013
LANDED..........
wahaguru manu v DATE pan da moka da..
hi i m also going for u of regina and they say they will refund fee.

RedShot82

Mar 16, 2013
sandhuboy said:
hi i m also going for u of regina and they say they will refund fee.
Financial Service (Financial.Services@uregina.ca) replied me...
Money received from Pakistan is difficult to refund if your Study Visa is not accepted.
Maybe scenario is different in India. :)

Regina

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2006
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
If I have the answers then I would prolly be in Canada doing my first semester and not asking questions :(
But what WAS the situation then- that you should know, shouldn't you? Can you tell what will be changed this time?

RedShot82 said:
also a consultant told me not to transfer the money to my own account because then it would be difficult for me to justify the source of income. Even if I put it for 4-6 months... he told me that it would be better to show my uncle statement and the affidavit stated that all the charges and expenses whatsoever incurred in studying will be borne by him...
No, no, I do not say that you should not show that those money on your account are not uncle's!! He could be your sponsor, he will show source of his money, but he also should transfer them into your account (his and your banks statements will show the transaction).

Now can you please help me out that whether 35K CAD is enough or not? Should I re-apply with this amount or not?
Have not you understand that not only amount of money but also proof that you are able to use them is also important? Once more: Tuition $14500x 2 yrs+ Living exp. $10000x2 yrs=$49000. Or 14500+10000= 24500 for the first year + evidence of a reliable source for getting another 24500 for the second year.