+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Reapplying after withdrawing first citizenship application

mach90

Jan 9, 2011
Is there anybody there who has re-applied for citizenship after withdrawing? What has there process/timing been like (I have received an RQ as expected)

Also this time my office has been changed (as my address has been changed, will they transfer my file to the original office after receiving the RQ?)

ZYXWVU98

Star Member
Jul 20, 2012
i have reapplied after withdrawing 1st application. I did not have enough days in 1st application because of too many travels and as a result, I received an RQ. I applied the 2nd time after having enough days, received an RQ in the test and have been waiting for 29 months now since the start of application.

txboyscout

Jun 9, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
03-08-2011
I see a lot of people withdrawing their applications once they receive an RQ hoping that the second time around they won't receive one :eek: Once you withdraw without responding to the RQ, CIC become very suspicious of your application and will send you a RQ just because

nguyentu2001

Champion Member
Mar 19, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ZYXWVU98 said:
i have reapplied after withdrawing 1st application. I did not have enough days in 1st application because of too many travels and as a result, I received an RQ. I applied the 2nd time after having enough days, received an RQ in the test and have been waiting for 29 months now since the start of application.
I almost did the same thing before as I was about to withdraw since I did not have all evident needed. At day 41, I decided to submit whatever I have with a letter of explanation....waited a long time but for test after 6 months

ZYXWVU98

Star Member
Jul 20, 2012
the reason I withdraw is because the 1st time I don't have enough days. because of the travel nature of the job, I would never be able to get enough days. that is why I submitted anyway hoping the judge would look beyond physical residence instead focus on central mode of residence. only when I lost my job, then I was able to spend enough days in Canada. that is why I withdraw the 1st application, and send in the 2nd with enough days. in this way, i do not give CJ to deny my application by just using physical residence approach. one thing to note, I replied to RQs in both 1st and 2nd application to CIC.