+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Reapplication of visa for may intake

jaiatluri

Mar 18, 2020
Hi,

I got admitted into Univ of Windsor for the May intake and applied for visa in February but it got rejected telling that i might not return back after my education.

So, I reapplied for the visa again on the 12th of March showing more funds and by providing an SOP(which i did not do earlier as my consultant told that it was not necessary)

I have applied through SDS both the times

My progress is stuck at "Your application is in progress. We will send you a message when we start reviewing your eligibility." Will there be an update on the biometrics and medicals like the first time or will the decision be made directly?

I am more worried cause of the corona outbreak now.

Thanks in advance

skape7

Apr 24, 2017
Did you apply for GCMS notes after your first rejection? If not, there is a high risk that you may not have addressed the Visa Officers concerns in your subsequent application.

I can only assume that your Consultant gave you wrong advice. If the denial letter specifically stated that the officer was concerned whether you would leave Canada at the end of your stay - then by providing additional funds you have not addressed his primary concern. Its like your Consultant advising you to put a band aid on your arm when you actually have a sprained foot.
In any case, whats done is done.

Most Universities and Colleges in Canada have cancelled the Summer 2020 term because of COVID-19. So its hard to say what the outcome of your current application will be.
If I were you, I would immediately apply for your GCMS notes. This shall take around a month but at least you will know the exact concern of the Visa Officer and why your previous application was denied. This will equip you better to prepare and address his concern if you reapply in the future.

Good luck.