+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Re-using Job duties mentioned in intra company closed work permit application for express entry.

akashayc

May 24, 2024
Hi All, I am currently on intra-company closed work permit (LMIA exempt) and recently received ITA. My question is regarding job duties to be mentioned in my reference letter for my India work experience (same company as my Canada employer). My role in Canada is same as my role in India. I have received a new offer of employment from the Canada firm where job duties are mentioned (these job duties match verbatim to the job duties mentioned in my work permit application). Given that my role in the Canada firm is same as that in the India firm, can I use the same verbatim job duties for my India reference letter?

Additionally,I received work permit on NOC 00012, which is a Major group (00). However, in my reading the job duties mentioned by the Canadian employer during the work permit application does not seem to match the NOC 00012 job description. But I am still going to apply for the same NOC code (00012) for my PR application to maintain consistency and also to get the 200 points (which is crucial for me). Let me know if you have any suggestions here?