+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Re PR

Lucipher

Aug 3, 2020
In 2013, I got my PR and after landing in Canada, I enrolled myself into a community college. I also applied for OSAP and I was granted. After one semester, I had to return to India and couldn't keep up with my residency obligation. So, I applied for voluntary PR renunciation and I was granted.
Now, I'm planning to apply for PR again via FSW category. Is my OSAP(which I haven't returned yet) from previous PR going to be an issue while applying or when they'll be granting me PR on arrival in Canada ?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
In 2013, I got my PR and after landing in Canada, I enrolled myself into a community college. I also applied for OSAP and I was granted. After one semester, I had to return to India and couldn't keep up with my residency obligation. So, I applied for voluntary PR renunciation and I was granted.
Now, I'm planning to apply for PR again via FSW category. Is my OSAP(which I haven't returned yet) from previous PR going to be an issue while applying or when they'll be granting me PR on arrival in Canada ?
This won't be an issue in getting PR. However if you are behind or have defaulted on payments, this may have messed up your credit rating in Canada.

Reactions: Lucipher

Lucipher

Aug 3, 2020
This won't be an issue in getting PR. However if you are behind or have defaulted on payments, this may have messed up your credit rating in Canada.
Thanks for your response.
If I clear my debt as soon as I set foot in Canada, do you think it'll have some positive impact on my credit score ?

Aman Saigal

Sep 16, 2022
hey actually I have a similar case , I want to go on a study permit to canada and applied without renuncing the pr first but now will withdraw the application and renunce first and then apply for my study permit , since you successfully renunced your pr from India , was seeking guidance on some questions on renunciation from India