+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Re issuance of the visa and COPRs for adding spouse under my application

Rameshgmire

Feb 19, 2015
CIC asked me to make "a processing fee of $30 CAD for re-issuance of previously issued visas for each family member" and include "a copy of your spouse’s and/or child's valid passport (s) both valid and expired" to add a spouse to my application.
Now, 1)Should I make a single 30$ demand draft or two 30$s demand drafts?
2) Should I send the original passport or a copy of a passport of my spouse?
note: I have already got the VISA issued and copies of COPR when I was a single applicant. I married later on. On, the other hand, CIC also asked me to send "the original passports with visas for yourself (and all dependents)" and "updated or new passport with the new information for those people with modified information". I am unclear on the later part. I repeat again, shall I send my spouse's original passport or just the attested copies of her updated recent passport if she is not accompanying me to Canada now?

xceptional88

Jul 18, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-07-2014
AOR Received.
PER: 14-11-2014
IELTS Request
Already Submitted
Sorry I do not have answer to your question but have another question to ask you.

I am in process of FSW and likely to get VISA in next 2 months. However, I am getting married in next 4 months.

Could you help me decide if I should add my spouse before landing or after landing?

What was the process to add your spouse? What documents were required? How long did it take?

debbiejosh

Star Member
Jun 9, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20/05/2014
Nomination.....
09/09/2014
Med's Request
02/03/2015
Med's Done....
05/03/2015
Passport Req..
25/03/2015
Rameshgmire said:
CIC asked me to make "a processing fee of $30 CAD for re-issuance of previously issued visas for each family member" and include "a copy of your spouse's and/or child's valid passport (s) both valid and expired" to add a spouse to my application.
Now, 1)Should I make a single 30$ demand draft or two 30$s demand drafts?
2) Should I send the original passport or a copy of a passport of my spouse?
note: I have already got the VISA issued and copies of COPR when I was a single applicant. I married later on. On, the other hand, CIC also asked me to send "the original passports with visas for yourself (and all dependents)" and "updated or new passport with the new information for those people with modified information". I am unclear on the later part. I repeat again, shall I send my spouse's original passport or just the attested copies of her updated recent passport if she is not accompanying me to Canada now?
Hi! Have you added your spouse and how long did it take your VO to give a positive response.