+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Re-evaluation of IELTS exam

hardi

Apr 25, 2014
Hi,

Got my IELTS general result on 7th feb 2015. I am very disappointed with my writing. My score is L/R/W/S---->8/7/6/7.5.

Guys suggest whether I should opt for re-evaluation or not?

If I go for re-evaluation, is there any probability that my score can decrease?

Please share your suggestion/advice.

Thanking you

Regards
Hardi

Dec 4, 2014
For this matter, you can call British council and confirm this;

i think, whether the mark is increase or decrease, they will give you an updated score sheet;
also if there is any change in the mark, they will refund your amount.

Thanks,
Shamim

all_the_best

Star Member
May 25, 2012
Many IELTS centres advice to reappear rather than going for revaluation.
I have read some where that they don't reduce bands during evaluation though can't find it on official IELTS sites.
As such if they're is a band difference of two or more points between skills as it appears in your score , it automatically goes for internal revaluation before they are sent to candidate.
All the best.

Cubiscus

Jan 28, 2015
Are you looking to push writing up to 7? If so, it might be worth retaking rather than asking for a review for a whole level.

SMCANADAVISA

Oct 21, 2014
hardi said:
Hi,

Got my IELTS general result on 7th feb 2015. I am very disappointed with my writing. My score is L/R/W/S---->8/7/6/7.5.

Guys suggest whether I should opt for re-evaluation or not?

If I go for re-evaluation, is there any probability that my score can decrease?

Please share your suggestion/advice.

Thanking you

Regards
Hardi
@hardi: If I were you I would have re-written the exam. That will give you a chance to prepare well and hence score better. Also, did you consider CELPIP over IELTS? I did CELPIP and found it's a good one !

hardi

Apr 25, 2014
Thanks guys for reply.

But its still unclear whether i should opt for it for not.

I had earlier give in dec 2014 and my score was L/R/W/S was 7/7/7/6.5.

I am not considering option of opting next IELTS chance.

Regards
hardi

Hemi427

Jan 31, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hardi said:
Thanks guys for reply.

But its still unclear whether i should opt for it for not.

I had earlier give in dec 2014 and my score was L/R/W/S was 7/7/7/6.5.

I am not considering option of opting next IELTS chance.

Regards
hardi
Its all upto you. As long as you qualify the minimum requirements, I guess it wont make much of a difference as the major chunk of score if for the job.

I would suggest you to look for acquiring a job and fetch those 600 points.

hardi

Apr 25, 2014
Thanks Hemi427 for your response,

I have a friend of mine in Alberta, infact a very close one. According to him, the market condition as of current scenario is very low.There's a slow in economy.

In such a condition, fetching a job would be a great challenge.

I am not sure when will our turn be (400-500 points slab) will be.

I was hoping, if re-evaluation grabs me at least 7 in writing, then at least I can try for Australia immigration.

Thanks & Regards
Hardik

Hemi427

Jan 31, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hardi said:
Thanks Hemi427 for your response,

I have a friend of mine in Alberta, infact a very close one. According to him, the market condition as of current scenario is very low.There's a slow in economy.

In such a condition, fetching a job would be a great challenge.

I am not sure when will our turn be (400-500 points slab) will be.

I was hoping, if re-evaluation grabs me at least 7 in writing, then at least I can try for Australia immigration.

Thanks & Regards
Hardik
Market is slow everywhere, but that does not mean that the jobs will dry up. Companies still need good people and they will hire!!!

I also agree that getting job from outside Canada is a big challenge, however, once job bank kicks off, I am optimistic that it will boon to the immigrants without job offer.... At least thats what I hope :)

Yes, if you are looking for an Australian immigration, you should definitely give it another shot. I see that your writing scores is pulling you down, so I would suggest you to try out some practice exams prior sitting for an IELTS exam.

All the best!!!