+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

re-entering Canada........please respond, thanks!

curiosa

Aug 24, 2010
Hello to everyone..........and thank you for your help in advance.

My boyfriend just visited me and we had a short 2-week vacation together in Canada (I am a Canadian citizen). When he arrived, Immigration wrote the date Feb 5, 2011 on his passport, meaning he was allowed to stay until then (I imagine). He has since returned home, but I was wondering if he's allowed to come back into Canada (having this date on his passport), and if so, how long he has to wait before he can re-enter the country. Thanks and best wishes to all of you! BTW, he's from a visa-exempt country.

immiggal

Aug 28, 2010
Hi -

He is able to come again. They will "re-examine" him when he re-enters and decide whether to let him in again or not, and for what length of time to admit him (i.e. for the same amount of time as last time or for a different length of time.) As they let him in once they will probably let him in again. He must convince them that his stay will be temporary, that he will leave at the end of the time allotted (the fact that he did preiously speaks well for him), that he has a job, studies etc. to go back to in his home country, that he has means of support in Canada, and that he has a genuine reason to visit.

Good luck!

toby

Champion Member
Sep 29, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Hong Kong
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
November 2009
Med's Done....
October 2009 and 15 April 2011
Interview........
4 April 2011
Passport Req..
4 April 2011
VISA ISSUED...
7 July 2011
LANDED..........
15 July 2011
immiggal said:
Hi -

He is able to come again. They will "re-examine" him when he re-enters and decide whether to let him in again or not, and for what length of time to admit him (i.e. for the same amount of time as last time or for a different length of time.) As they let him in once they will probably let him in again. He must convince them that his stay will be temporary, that he will leave at the end of the time allotted (the fact that he did preiously speaks well for him), that he has a job, studies etc. to go back to in his home country, that he has means of support in Canada, and that he has a genuine reason to visit.

Good luck!
I imagine that if the boyfriend arrives at Canada's border many times, the border Guard will wonder how he could have strong ties (job, studies) back home. This question might not occur at the second entry, nor maybe the third, but at some point he'll be asked this question.

curiosa

Aug 24, 2010
well, I just want him to come once only, really. but i just wanted to know if he can come back before that February 2011 date! thanks for both your replies!