Jun 19, 2019
Gurgaon
Visa Office......
New Delhi
AOR Received.
16-12-2018
Med's Done....
29-01-2019
I have already stayed in Canada for 1 year on Tourist visa (Indian Passport) (Got my visa extended for 6 months). I am staying with my spouse. My PR application is under process, but its delayed due to COVID situation. Now my additional 6 months are getting over.

Can I travel to US from Canada after my stay for 6 months on visitor visa and re-enter Canada in valid visitor visa within a month? or should I get my Visitor visa extended again?

Right now, I cannot go back to India. Please help.

Sukriti_b

Jun 19, 2019
Gurgaon
Visa Office......
New Delhi
AOR Received.
16-12-2018
Med's Done....
29-01-2019
You can apply to extend your stay again from within Canada.
Thanks for this!
Can you please answer this question:
Can I travel to US from Canada after my stay for 6 months on visitor visa and re-enter Canada in valid visitor visa within a month?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Thanks for this!
Can you please answer this question:
Can I travel to US from Canada after my stay for 6 months on visitor visa and re-enter Canada in valid visitor visa within a month?
You should be allowed to re-enter.

The safer option would be to remain in Canada and apply to extend your status.

Reactions: Sukriti_b

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016
Just keep in mind that you will need to quarantine for 14 days on returning to Canada. Also you probably need to ensure that you can show CBSA at the POE that you are an immediate family member of a citizen or PR else there is always the remote chance they may consider your entry as non essential travel.

This is why you should apply through the extend stay as a visitor option given you would be on implied status pending a decision which could in itself take months. Given the rules around crossing Canada/US/Canada can change due to COVID that would be a less risky option in the current situation and would for sure be the one I personally would take if were me.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/visit-canada/extend-stay/apply.html

Note that flagpoling at the border is currently not supported by CBSA

coolcham

Jun 12, 2019
Category........
PNP
Hello guys, t
I want to apply for a visit visa for Canada and ideally what is good to apply the application with all the family members who want to visit or the main applicant? I just want to approve my application without any delay

kindly asnwer

Sukriti_b

Jun 19, 2019
Gurgaon
Visa Office......
New Delhi
AOR Received.
16-12-2018
Med's Done....
29-01-2019
You should be allowed to re-enter.

The safer option would be to remain in Canada and apply to extend your status.
Thank you for your help. Just one more question:

If I apply for tourist extension and I am on implied status, till the time results come - Can I travel to US during that time and re-enter Canada?

captainarabiia

VIP Member
Mar 17, 2015
Winnipeg
Visa Office......
Riyadh Visa Office
App. Filed.......
22-02-2018
Passport Req..
11-03-2018
Thank you for your help. Just one more question:

If I apply for tourist extension and I am on implied status, till the time results come - Can I travel to US during that time and re-enter Canada?
Implied status and travelling outside Canada
A temporary resident with implied status who has left Canada may be allowed to

• re-enter Canada as a temporary resident, pending a decision on the renewal of their application to study or work in Canada, provided they are temporary resident visa (TRV)-exempt, as per section R190, or on a multiple-entry visa.
    They may not resume work or study in Canada until their application for renewal has been granted. Those not able to resume work must satisfy the border services officer that they have sufficient means of support.
    It should be noted that this applies to foreign nationals who are TRV exempt, as per paragraph R190(3)(f), and to those with multiple-entry visas. Temporary residents from TRV-required countries who have implied status and are seeking re-entry to Canada following a visit solely to the United States or St. Pierre and Miquelon are still considered to be TRV exempt, as per subparagraph R190(3)(f)(ii). In this case, their period of authorized stay is extended, pending a decision. This interpretation of the legislation is consistent with the Federal Court decision of De Brito v. Canada (Minister of Citizenship and Immigration);
  • apply for a new work or study permit at the port of entry (POE), provided they have a right to do so under the IRPR.
    Temporary residents from TRV-required countries who are on implied status and are seeking re-entry to Canada following a visit solely to the United States or St. Pierre and Miquelon may apply for a new or subsequent work permit at the POE, as they fall under the exception of subsection R198(1).
Note: It is strongly recommended that, at the POE, the temporary resident present documentary proof of their application (copy of their application, copy of the fee payment receipt, etc.) for an extension as a visitor, student or worker.

If the foreign national must resume work or study, they can apply for a new work or study permit at the POE, but only if they are authorized to do so under the IRPR.

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016
Regardless of what above implies the OP still has already been in Canada for 12 months as a visitor , not a study or work permit holder, so the risk is still there about travelling to the US and coming back purely with visitor status. Plus travel to and from the US at least via a land border can be considered non essential travel at this time due to COVID restrictions.

Advice still stands that unless travel to the US is absolutely necessary just apply to extend stay as a visitor from within Canada. Obviously nobody here can say for sure whether cross border travel as a foreign national would be an issue currently other than why bother unless absolutely mandatory