+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Re-Enter Canada W/o PR Card But A Letter Of Appearance For Confirmation Of PR

piglet_cls

Sep 14, 2012
I worked in Canada since November 2007 as a live-in caregiver and applied for my permanent residency on June 2010. It was a long wait so i decided to marry in Las Vegas with my American fiance on April 18,2012 thinking that i will give up my Canadian PR. But then i receive a letter from CIC, and I was scheduled to appear for an interview and to receive my Confirmation of PR on May 2,2012 so I fly back to Canada and I spoke with the Officer and she said that she can't grant me my PR since there was a change of status before I got my PR, and said that in 2weeks i will receive another letter from them: "an application form for my husband" (which we filed once we got it). I told her about my scheduled flight back to Philippines and she said that i shouldn't have any problem going back to Canada, I'll just have to show the letter that i receive from them. but then i forgot what she instructed me to apply if its a re-entry visa or a travel document. I'm back here in Philippines since May 11 and I want to go back to Canada as soon as I can. what should i do? I quit my last job thinking i will just apply for a new one once I got back since i have an open visa. I'm also not sure if i can consider myself a PR that's why i'm not sure if i can file the travel document for PR. HELP!!!

computergeek

VIP Member
Jan 31, 2012
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O/LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
AOR Received.
21-06-2012
File Transfer...
21-6-2012
Med's Done....
11-02-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012
LANDED..........
13-10-2012
If you have not yet landed, you are not eligible for a PR Travel Document.

You would need to apply for a Temporary Resident Visa (TRV). Include a copy of your letter with your TRV application and you shouldn't have any problems getting a TRV.

Good luck!