+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

RE ADMITTED INTERNATIONAL STUDENT

rafavaillard

Mar 24, 2010
Heres my story:
In 2007 i went to concordia university for one year and decided to drop out and registered at lasalle college to do professional cooking i didnt change my study permit since the admissions councelor at lasalle didnt say it was neccesary(big mistake), after i finished my program i got a postgraduate work permit and i was working at a restaurant and i had to quit in november 2009 because i had to come back to mexico for holidays with family, i was still in canada when they started asking for visas to mexicans, so when i was in mexico and i was going to apply for a work visa i realized i couldnt because i didnt have a job, so i applied for a tourist visa, to go back and see the possibility of going back to study to concordia and also to get back my personal belongings transfer my apt etc, so i applied for the tourist visa and in the interview the officer told me i commited a serious offence by changing schools, i explained that i was misinformed but he didnt care, now i got re admitted at my old program at concordia, and i received a letter of re-acceptance, i wanna know what are my chances of getting the student visa since i already was rejected for the tourist one, i would appreciate any thoughts or advice anyone would have, thankyou all.

gunneet

Jun 25, 2010
I think you were not admitted to post secondary program. If not than you had a mistake. Pl find below information on official website of high commission.

Pl let me know your course details.

Frequently asked questions:
Studying in Canada
Study permits
I am already in Canada and have a valid study permit. I would like to change my school or program of studies. What do I need to do to modify my study permit?

If you are a student at the primary school level and you are moving on to high school or if you are a high school student and you are moving on to post-secondary studies, you need to submit an application to modify your study permit at the Citizenship and Immigration Canada Case Processing Centre in Vegreville, Alberta.

However, if you are enrolled in a post-secondary program (doing studies after the high school level), you may change your school, level, program and field of studies without applying for a new study permit. You don’t need to apply for a change to the condition of your study permit either. You may continue to use your study permit as long as it is valid.