+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

RCMP Certificate Process

cec007

Star Member
Sep 5, 2012
Hi all,
I just got the RCMP request. I wanted to know once the RCMP certificate is issued-
1. Will it be send to my address?
2. Do I need to send that certificate to the following address-
Director General
Canadian Criminal Real Time Identification Services
RCMP, NPS Bldg.
Ottawa, ON
?
Is canadapost xpress service considered courier?

CEC2013

Dec 8, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04 FEB 2013
Doc's Request.
26 NOV 2013 (RPRF)
AOR Received.
14 MAR 2013
IELTS Request
Sent with application.
Med's Request
27 NOV 2013
Med's Done....
29 NOV 2013
Interview........
Waived.
Passport Req..
09 DEC 2013
VISA ISSUED...
19 DEC 2013
LANDED..........
21 DEC 2013
1. RCMP certificates can be sent directly to CIC or to your address - depending on what you request.
2. Not sure what you mean here! When you get the certificate back or where to send the fingerprint form?

Some service providers are capable of transimitting electronic submissions. Mine for instance was done at the local PD and transmitted electronically (delivery of certificate optional - can be sent to CIC directly).

Canadapost Express service would be treated as a courier if you requested signature confirmation, which I personally always do.

More info on RCMP criminal check here:

http://www.rcmp-grc.gc.ca/cr-cj/fing-empr2-eng.htm

cec007

Star Member
Sep 5, 2012
I was wrong in my Q#2. I think this is the process-
We go for fingerprinting to agency and they mail the results to RCMP ottawa who will issue certificate and send to us. We will be responsible for mailing it to CIC.
or
We go for fingerprinting to agency and they mail take care of mailing everything to CIC

Can you tell me more details about the electronic submission? where you got it done, time it took and how will you know if cic received it?

CEC2013 said:
1. RCMP certificates can be sent directly to CIC or to your address - depending on what you request.
2. Not sure what you mean here! When you get the certificate back or where to send the fingerprint form?

Some service providers are capable of transimitting electronic submissions. Mine for instance was done at the local PD and transmitted electronically (delivery of certificate optional - can be sent to CIC directly).

Canadapost Express service would be treated as a courier if you requested signature confirmation, which I personally always do.

More info on RCMP criminal check here:

http://www.rcmp-grc.gc.ca/cr-cj/fing-empr2-eng.htm

CEC2013

Dec 8, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04 FEB 2013
Doc's Request.
26 NOV 2013 (RPRF)
AOR Received.
14 MAR 2013
IELTS Request
Sent with application.
Med's Request
27 NOV 2013
Med's Done....
29 NOV 2013
Interview........
Waived.
Passport Req..
09 DEC 2013
VISA ISSUED...
19 DEC 2013
LANDED..........
21 DEC 2013
1. Get fingerprints taken, fill out form and mail to RCMP -> results sent to you or CIC.
2. Get fingerprints taken (biometric), info transmitted electronically to RCMP -> results sent to you or CIC.

I like the electronic as its uploaded the same day, versus waiting for mail to be delivered. Also, I dont like sending these kinds of things through mail....cuz this getting stole or lost would/should be a significant privacy concern.

Anyway, I got mine taken in local police station...everything was done within 15min. You would need to bring ID, they scan your fingerprint (biometric) and take a digital photo. All of the info is then uploaded to RCMP, who run the check. When submitting the request, you can choose where to send the results.

** Applicants for immigration to Canada must enter the name and address of the Canadian Immigration Center, Embassy, Consulate or High Commission handling the case in the "Name and Address of Contributing Agency/Dept" portion of the C216C. ** RCMP notation

If you want to check whether your RCMP certificate was received for electronic version, you can email CPP-O or request GCMS notes. Alternatively, you can have them mail you the certificate and then send it via courier.

InfoSeeker12

Champion Member
Aug 28, 2012
Canada
LANDED..........
Sep 2013
CEC2013 said:
1. Get fingerprints taken, fill out form and mail to RCMP -> results sent to you or CIC.
2. Get fingerprints taken (biometric), info transmitted electronically to RCMP -> results sent to you or CIC.

I like the electronic as its uploaded the same day, versus waiting for mail to be delivered. Also, I dont like sending these kinds of things through mail....cuz this getting stole or lost would/should be a significant privacy concern.

Anyway, I got mine taken in local police station...everything was done within 15min. You would need to bring ID, they scan your fingerprint (biometric) and take a digital photo. All of the info is then uploaded to RCMP, who run the check. When submitting the request, you can choose where to send the results.

** Applicants for immigration to Canada must enter the name and address of the Canadian Immigration Center, Embassy, Consulate or High Commission handling the case in the "Name and Address of Contributing Agency/Dept" portion of the C216C. ** RCMP notation

If you want to check whether your RCMP certificate was received for electronic version, you can email CPP-O or request GCMS notes. Alternatively, you can have them mail you the certificate and then send it via courier.

CEC2013 - you are saying that your biometric was done in the police station. Can it be done right away like a walk in? or does it require an appointment?

CEC2013

Dec 8, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04 FEB 2013
Doc's Request.
26 NOV 2013 (RPRF)
AOR Received.
14 MAR 2013
IELTS Request
Sent with application.
Med's Request
27 NOV 2013
Med's Done....
29 NOV 2013
Interview........
Waived.
Passport Req..
09 DEC 2013
VISA ISSUED...
19 DEC 2013
LANDED..........
21 DEC 2013
InfoSeeker12 said:
CEC2013 - you are saying that your biometric was done in the police station. Can it be done right away like a walk in? or does it require an appointment?
Thats correct - it was done through local police! But, if you are looking to do so, I would check if they are electronically enabled first. I was not able to do it as a walk in, but rather, had to schedule an appointment. Know this though, that you have to schedule an appointment for both hard-copy and electronic...there is no walk in.

Normally, if not too busy, they will schedule for the next day or day after (for this station - GTA area). Process took 15 min and received results in like 4-5 days in hard copy.

InfoSeeker12

Champion Member
Aug 28, 2012
Canada
LANDED..........
Sep 2013
CEC2013 said:
Thats correct - it was done through local police! But, if you are looking to do so, I would check if they are electronically enabled first. I was not able to do it as a walk in, but rather, had to schedule an appointment. Know this though, that you have to schedule an appointment for both hard-copy and electronic...there is no walk in.

Normally, if not too busy, they will schedule for the next day or day after (for this station - GTA area). Process took 15 min and received results in like 4-5 days in hard copy.
Yep. I went to the police station in missasauga last year. In those days, they were booking appointments after 25 days. That's why i went to a private place (commissionaires...something..i have given the link in my earlier posts)..And those guys got it done within 3 days and then i sent to CIC.

But yea - if you can get an appointment within 3 days at police station - which will send your details electronically - by all means that should be preference no.1.

All the best and thanks for sharing this CEC2013.

cec007

Star Member
Sep 5, 2012
CEC2013 said:

Thanks a lot!
Do you have an online link for appointment booking..in case you used that....?

CEC2013

Dec 8, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04 FEB 2013
Doc's Request.
26 NOV 2013 (RPRF)
AOR Received.
14 MAR 2013
IELTS Request
Sent with application.
Med's Request
27 NOV 2013
Med's Done....
29 NOV 2013
Interview........
Waived.
Passport Req..
09 DEC 2013
VISA ISSUED...
19 DEC 2013
LANDED..........
21 DEC 2013
No probs! I can see what your are saying. The good thing about this station is that they didnt publish the upgrade on the electronic format...so not a lot of requests. Also, they have the position fully staffed - meaning, they are dedicated to security screening only and can thus adjust the schedule.

To me, electronic is better, but if you have no choice, then hard copy it is. Also, if its better for you to go private, than thats def what you should do. I certainly wouldnt wait 25 days! Just to get fingerprints....ridiculous man. I think with that station its not a significant source of revenue or they are short on resources - mississauaga is much bigger than where i got these done.

In any case, do whatevers the most efficient cec007.

CEC2013

Dec 8, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04 FEB 2013
Doc's Request.
26 NOV 2013 (RPRF)
AOR Received.
14 MAR 2013
IELTS Request
Sent with application.
Med's Request
27 NOV 2013
Med's Done....
29 NOV 2013
Interview........
Waived.
Passport Req..
09 DEC 2013
VISA ISSUED...
19 DEC 2013
LANDED..........
21 DEC 2013
cec007 said:
Thanks a lot!
Do you have an online link for appointment booking..in case you used that....?
You have to call in to the station. Which city you in?

CEC2013

Dec 8, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04 FEB 2013
Doc's Request.
26 NOV 2013 (RPRF)
AOR Received.
14 MAR 2013
IELTS Request
Sent with application.
Med's Request
27 NOV 2013
Med's Done....
29 NOV 2013
Interview........
Waived.
Passport Req..
09 DEC 2013
VISA ISSUED...
19 DEC 2013
LANDED..........
21 DEC 2013
cec007 said:
Oh man, I just checked out Toronto Police website and they dont do fingerprinting for civil purposes at all. Hm? Anyway, heres the link to where I did mine, in case you dont mind driving out of the city. Otherwise, you can go private.

http://www.guelphpolice.com/fingerprinting/

Special Constable McDonald
519-824-1212 Ext. 7498

cec007

Star Member
Sep 5, 2012
You are right! I just called Toronto police and they told me that fingerprinting needs to be done by a private agency.....I am planning to use commissionares services in Toronto who will send fingerprint electronically to RCMP.

CEC2013 said:
Oh man, I just checked out Toronto Police website and they dont do fingerprinting for civil purposes at all. Hm? Anyway, heres the link to where I did mine, in case you dont mind driving out of the city. Otherwise, you can go private.

http://www.guelphpolice.com/fingerprinting/

Special Constable McDonald
519-824-1212 Ext. 7498

CEC2013

Dec 8, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04 FEB 2013
Doc's Request.
26 NOV 2013 (RPRF)
AOR Received.
14 MAR 2013
IELTS Request
Sent with application.
Med's Request
27 NOV 2013
Med's Done....
29 NOV 2013
Interview........
Waived.
Passport Req..
09 DEC 2013
VISA ISSUED...
19 DEC 2013
LANDED..........
21 DEC 2013
Yea, unless you feel like getting out of the city....doesnt make much sense to drive an hour out of your way to do something you could probably find somewhere near there.

Good luck!

cec007

Star Member
Sep 5, 2012
CEC2013 said:
Yea, unless you feel like getting out of the city....doesnt make much sense to drive an hour out of your way to do something you could probably find somewhere near there.

Good luck!
Thats correct!
Anyways, thnx for your help:)