+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

R183(6)

Ron1221

Jan 10, 2021
Hi i finished my study before my study permit expires and i applied for pgwp and i got it now but in remarks their is one line stating that ‘’Temporary Resident status maintained as per R183(6)”. Post Graduation Work Permit

please help me out what does it mean

sahilarora2003

Mar 13, 2013
Surrey
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
09-09-2022
Doc's Request.
20-12-2022
AOR Received.
09-09-2022
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
13-10-2022
Hi i finished my study before my study permit expires and i applied for pgwp and i got it now but in remarks their is one line stating that ‘’Temporary Resident status maintained as per R183(6)”. Post Graduation Work Permit

please help me out what does it mean
  • Extension of period authorized for stay
    (5) Subject to subsection (5.1), if a temporary resident has applied for an extension of the period authorized for their stay and a decision is not made on the application by the end of the period authorized for their stay, the period is extended until
    • (a) the day on which a decision is made, if the application is refused; or
    • (b) the end of the new period authorized for their stay, if the application is allowed.
  • Marginal note:Non-application
    (5.1) Subsection (5) does not apply in respect of a foreign national who is the subject of a declaration made under subsection 22.1(1) of the Act.
  • Marginal note:Continuation of status and conditions
    (6) If the period authorized for the stay of a temporary resident is extended by operation of paragraph (5)(a) or extended under paragraph (5)(b), the temporary resident retains their status, subject to any other conditions imposed, during the extended period.

https://laws-lois.justice.gc.ca/eng/regulations/sor-2002-227/section-183.html

Reactions: Ron1221

Ron1221

Jan 10, 2021
  • Extension of period authorized for stay
    (5) Subject to subsection (5.1), if a temporary resident has applied for an extension of the period authorized for their stay and a decision is not made on the application by the end of the period authorized for their stay, the period is extended until
    • (a) the day on which a decision is made, if the application is refused; or
    • (b) the end of the new period authorized for their stay, if the application is allowed.
  • Marginal note:Non-application
    (5.1) Subsection (5) does not apply in respect of a foreign national who is the subject of a declaration made under subsection 22.1(1) of the Act.
  • Marginal note:Continuation of status and conditions
    (6) If the period authorized for the stay of a temporary resident is extended by operation of paragraph (5)(a) or extended under paragraph (5)(b), the temporary resident retains their status, subject to any other conditions imposed, during the extended period.

https://laws-lois.justice.gc.ca/eng/regulations/sor-2002-227/section-183.html
Please explain it i can’t understand

sahilarora2003

Mar 13, 2013
Surrey
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
09-09-2022
Doc's Request.
20-12-2022
AOR Received.
09-09-2022
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
13-10-2022
Please explain it i can’t understand
It means that the applicant (temporary resident which is you) has maintained(retained) his status till the date of approval of PGWP. It basically means that you status is maintained and valid. You don't need to worry about anything.