+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Quick Question On Spousal Immigration

Datsyuk

Jul 6, 2013
Just curious if anybody can provide some links/info on this topic and how it works in applying for it.

My girl is from Brazil if that makes any difference.

Any answers/input is appreciated.

Suin

VIP Member
Sep 14, 2008
Ontario, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
CIC Etobocoke, H&C Grounds
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-03-2014
File Transfer...
31-07-2014
Med's Request
09-12-2014
LANDED..........
24-02-2015, PR Card Received: 02-04-2015
here is the link that can be of help to you:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/sponsor/index.asp

Datsyuk

Jul 6, 2013
Suin said:
here is the link that can be of help to you:
Thank you, when this says:

you can sponsor your spouse, conjugal or common-law partner, dependent child (including adopted child) or other eligible relative to become a permanent resident under the Family Class (FC)

Does that mean that you NEED a child or that it doesn't matter. It's just worded a little funny and I want to make sure because I read on and it would seem that it clarifies as NOT needing a child. The other thing is the 2 year rule meaning you have to have been together for two years or that you need to be together for two years after they come here?

Thanks again!

amikety

VIP Member
Dec 4, 2011
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-01-2013
AOR Received.
2-2-2013
Med's Done....
12-10-2012
Passport Req..
9-07-2013
VISA ISSUED...
7-08-2013
LANDED..........
7-08-2013
No, children are not needed. Not a requirement. Thank goodness! :p

However, children are eligible for sponsorship in most situations. There's several different ways it can play out - including stepchildren and adopted children - but none are necessary for spousal immigration.

The 2 year rule - Conditional PR.........

- Been married less than 2 years - you are a Conditional PR for 2 years after landing
- Been in a CL relationships less than 4 years - you are a Conditional PR 2 years after landing
- Been married more than 2 years, CL more than 2 years, or have a child together - no Conditional PR applies

Here is a guide - I found the guides very helpful.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/guides/3900ETOC.asp#3900E2

Datsyuk

Jul 6, 2013
amikety said:
No, children are not needed. Not a requirement. Thank goodness! :p

However, children are eligible for sponsorship in most situations. There's several different ways it can play out - including stepchildren and adopted children - but none are necessary for spousal immigration.

The 2 year rule - Conditional PR.........

- Been married less than 2 years - you are a Conditional PR for 2 years after landing
- Been in a CL relationships less than 4 years - you are a Conditional PR 2 years after landing
- Been married more than 2 years, CL more than 2 years, or have a child together - no Conditional PR applies

Here is a guide - I found the guides very helpful.
Thanks for the link. A few questions and I apologize before hand, it's just it's worded a bit off.

Does this mean we needed to be "dating" for four years or can anyone apply for this? Are their any conditions for the applications?

Also do these sorts of visa applications get through quicker than regular ones (work/schooling)?

I appreciate all the help.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
You're posting your questions in the wrong section of the forum. Join the Family Class Sponsorship section of the forum:

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/family-class-sponsorship-b5.0/

Start by reading the first post in the thread below. It will probably answer many of your questions:

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/spousal-sponsorship-t46995.0.html