+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Quick Q - My Landing Interview Tomorrow!!!

LittleMermaid

Star Member
Jun 19, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
vegreville, AB
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-11-2012
LANDED..........
So the big day is finally here!

After five years of dating, 2 years living in Canada, 18 months working and 16 months of marriage I will be a permanent resident of Canada tomorrow (all going well of course.)

I have a quick question to ask you all

I have ticked off everything else so far on the letter that bore details of my landing interview. My spouse will be coming, I have my passport, my SIN card, my two photos, my temp work permit. I have my Ontario Photo card for additional ID/proof of address. The only thing I am unclear on is the documents sent to me by CIC. Do they mean recent ones only regarding permanent residency? Or do they mean everything they have ever sent me, starting from my working holiday visa?

I realise to some this may sound a very silly question but nothing would be worse than getting there tomorrow and being refused on the grounds of something I could have changed.

Thanks so much in advance for your replies ;D

Centaur

Star Member
Jun 26, 2012
Hello, I am presuming you would carry your COPR as well( all copies they sent you). My personal opinion, carry everything you have. Let there be no room for an iota of worry. Carrying additional papers wont hurt. Would set your mind more at ease. Good luck with your final step. God Bless and Happy Holidays !

LittleMermaid

Star Member
Jun 19, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
vegreville, AB
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-11-2012
LANDED..........
Yes definitely bringing that!

I meant more like my working holiday stuff but I mean it's not at all relevant to this application so I'm not sure about it

connie121

Aug 14, 2013
I think it means all the Work Permit, Study Permit, Visitor Record that CIC issued to you and all the letters and emails that CIC sent to you.

Basically, everything you receive from CIC.

When my hubby landed, he brought his Visitor Records ( two of them ), and the officer took them with the landing letter and did not give them back to us.

So I guess CIC will take every document back while you landing as PR.